Talk

Advanced search

Seriously need advice about pains I’m having. Doctors have no idea what they could be!

(16 Posts)
Tanyelx Wed 13-Jun-18 10:26:45

Long post!
Just wondering if anyone has experienced something like this.
I’m 30 weeks pregnant and was in labour ward last night due to really bad pains. Spd pain and tightening was accounted for but I’ve also been having a really bad sharp stabbing pain in my lower left side. Right below my bump. It happens randomly when I’m sitting, standing, moving, laying down. No position is helping. Midwife and doctors didn’t really know what it could be.
It’s like I’m getting stabbed for a couple seconds sometimes longer then stops and can come back at any time.
Was hoping that after resting last night when I got home it would be better today but I still have it.
They said if it carry’s in no matter if I’m taking pain killers, relaxing, using hot water bottle and having a bath to go back in.
I’m abit concerned as it’s still happening.
Had a scan a week ago and everything was perfect.
Urine test was fine last night. Bloods and vaginal swabs were also sent off last night.
When the pain happens it takes my breath away for a couple seconds while it lasts.
Baby was perfect and moving about fine today also.
Just wondering if anyone else has had something like this and what it could be?
Thanks!

JustVent Wed 13-Jun-18 10:32:22

Constipation?

Tanyelx Wed 13-Jun-18 10:35:34

@justvent I don’t think it is as I’ve had normal bowel movements. The pain is honestly so bad and has still been their after going to the toilet (tmi!) x

Tanyelx Wed 13-Jun-18 10:36:31

EDIT: pain has also started to move to be lower right side in the last hour or two x

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Wed 13-Jun-18 10:39:48

Bruising? Inside from where baby has been kicking? (This was my Consultants answer to my random pain with dc5, I went with it because it was the only answer). Or pulled muscles from where you'll be moving differently due to spd & the bump?

Canwejustrelaxnow Wed 13-Jun-18 10:40:41

From reading mumsnet lots: appendicitis?

RebeccaCloud9 Wed 13-Jun-18 10:41:42

Have you ever had ibs? (I know you said re bowel movements but does sound similar to ibs pain I had in pregnancy)

Or a stitch maybe?

JustVent Wed 13-Jun-18 10:41:46

Hmm. I wouldn’t normally say appendix if it starts on the left side. But if it migrates to the right and gets worse, go to A&E especially if you vomit.

elf1985 Wed 13-Jun-18 10:49:42

Round ligament pain? I suffered really bad with this just on one side. Quite a big baby and a lot of fluid.

Melliegrantfirstlady Wed 13-Jun-18 10:51:13

This sounds like nerve pains. Or ligaments stretching.

I had something similar and it turns out I was carrying a very large baby. I measured normal though and even though I had extra scans nobody mentioned my little giant!

BrutusMcDogface Wed 13-Jun-18 11:16:40

I get this too, and think I've settled on round ligament pain as the answer. Mine is only on the left side, though.

Bluebirdsky Wed 13-Jun-18 11:45:16

I think if they told you to go back if you are still getting it then you should go back in. It's very difficult to identify the causes of all pains in pregnancy due to position of the uterus etc. But they may need to rule out anything serious including non pregnancy related things.

bakingdemon Wed 13-Jun-18 11:46:53

Possibly appendicitis (from close family member who had this). Go and get this checked out ASAP.

KTD27 Wed 13-Jun-18 12:03:51

If it’s like my round ligament pain it takes my breath away. Happens when I move randomly very low down beneath my bump and catches me off guard. Didn’t have it in my first pregnancy have no idea why I’m having it in this one but it feels very much like being stabbed or ripped. Is awful.
It might not be this of course but you have my sympathy for 1) being in pain and 2) not being sure of what it is. Pregnancy can be a stressful enough time without that. I hope it’s sorted for you soon OP
flowers

MeadowHay Wed 13-Jun-18 17:24:37

Sounds like round ligament pain to me, have had this sometimes during my pregnancy.

Havetothink Wed 13-Jun-18 17:56:03

Could it be a trapped nerve?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: