Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Coming off Cerazette

(17 Posts)
elliot16 Wed 13-Jun-18 09:33:31

Hi I’m new to this and just wanted some advice! I came off Cerazette about 3.5 weeks ago because we are TTC.. about 2/3 days after coming off the pill I had a very light brown discharge wouldn’t even say it was a bleed and then I’m pretty sure last week I ovulated and me and my partner have had sex pretty much every day since coming off the pill.. could I be pregnant yet or do I have to just wait for a normal period?😣 Thanks smile

twinnymommy Wed 13-Jun-18 09:39:50

I think it depends from individuals . Not trying to scare you but it took me nearly a year to fall pregnant after taking cerrazette for over 4yrs . I was having my periods though. Good luck xx

Stephisaur Wed 13-Jun-18 09:56:43

Your discharge will be your withdrawal bleed. It's different for everyone. Mine was very heavy and lasted for 4 days, but it's not uncommon for it to be lighter and shorter.

If you ovulated (how are you checking this?) then yes, there's a chance you could be pregnant. Keep an eye out for symptoms though, as many of the pill withdrawal side effects are almost identical to pregnancy symptoms. Try not to test until 2 weeks after you think you ovulated, preferably with a First Response early response test.

I was one of the lucky ones and I got pregnant my second month off Cerazette, having been on it for 6 years, and on BC pills for 10.

Fingers crossed for you smile
x

RosieCotton Wed 13-Jun-18 10:14:31

When I came off cerazette I had a similar "bleed" as you. 3 weeks after I stopped taking it. Literally as I went to the toilet I have 1 day of like brown streaked CM nothing if class as a bleed at all. I literally mean as I wiped I noticed but not even enough to need a liner.

Then 4 weeks later my period never came and in now 35 weeks pregnant. Cerazette was the best one for me when coming off it. As I felt my cycles returned pretty quickly. Good luck hun. X

ellsbells90 Wed 13-Jun-18 10:17:46

I was on cerazette for YEARS since I was 15, I'm now 27. I came off on Christmas eve just gone, I had a withdrawal bleed in January and then a short "period" in Feb but I then conceived and am currently 17 weeks pregnant. I have heard of people not even having a withdrawal bleed from this pill and being pregnant, so you cant really judge from others experiences. I would think though that people who took a while after, will have taken that long regardless of the pill. That was the advice of my DR anyway.

EmD6 Wed 13-Jun-18 10:23:40

Hi

I came off cerzette after 5 years of not having a period in Jan and conceived in April.

Between then I didn't have any withdrawal bleeds and actually confused what could have been an ovulation bleed with a period. Delighted when I found out I was 9 weeks instead of the 5 I had suspected when the test was positive.

Good luck!

GetInLoserWereGoingShopping Wed 13-Jun-18 14:57:26

Hey,

I had been on cerazette for 4 years, I stopped taking it half way through my honeymoon and had a very light withdrawal bleed maybe a day later.

I came back off my honeymoon pregnant and I am now 36 weeks pregnant smile good luck! xx

Aw12345 Wed 13-Jun-18 19:41:44

Came off cerazette on the Friday, got pregnant the next day. Couldn't believe it when I was told I was 13w and 2days at my scan!

Obviously it is different for everyone and I was very lucky but I have met a few people who got pregnant immediately after coming off the progesterone only pill.

Bluebirdsky Wed 13-Jun-18 19:45:46

I think it's different for everyone really so the only way to be certain would be to test.

lrwe Wed 13-Jun-18 19:58:04

It's different for everyone and every time I'd say.

First time I came off I got pregnant with my son 2 weeks later.

Second time I came off I got pregnant on our fourth cycle but my cycles had been very long and very irregular. They'd just settled into a pattern. I think I was lucky first time!

Wellthisunexpected Wed 13-Jun-18 21:02:58

I didn't have withdrawal bleed, just ovulated 2 weeks after stopping. Then got my period 2 weeks after that. I then got pregnant. This was both pregnancies. Also got pregnant whilst on cerezette but that's another story!

elliot16 Thu 14-Jun-18 06:12:49

Stephisaur - I was doing ovulation tests I got 1 back positive at the same time as I had egg white discharge and felt really ‘frisky’ 😂.. so I assumed this could be ovulation? I hope it will happen quickly for us as I was only on the pill 1 month then came off it.

Thanks everyone for the replies or really helps hearing from others smile xx

Stephisaur Thu 14-Jun-18 10:22:12

@elliot16 that sounds like a good sign smile fingers crossed!

elliot16 Mon 18-Jun-18 07:27:12

Hi everyone just an update and some advice please? 🙈.. so about a month after my withdrawal bleed last night I had a tiny bit of spotting and this morning the same only when I wipe, very light brown. Is this the start of my normal period or could I be pregnant? It’s too soon to check I think sad xx

elliot16 Mon 18-Jun-18 07:28:19

I also had mild cramps before the spotting started last night.. not like period cramps though like twinges/aches very low down! X

Stephisaur Mon 18-Jun-18 13:16:37

Sounds a lot like my first period after coming off I’m afraid xx

elliot16 Mon 18-Jun-18 16:39:14

Ok thank you! It’s still a positive because at least I know things are back to normal and I know where I am with my cycle so I can calculate it for next month smile thanks again x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: