Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Pregnancy tests not getting darker.

(10 Posts)
Littlelondoner Wed 13-Jun-18 08:41:27

Hi.

So this is my 3rd test. They dont seem to be getting darker. If anything more pale.

Which makes me worry/think maybe I have pregnancy test eyes.

Would you say this is a positive still?

Countless misscarriges in the past so clearly super anixious/concerned.

What do your eyes think of this? Positive?

Thanks

ProseccoPoppy Wed 13-Jun-18 08:47:15

Looks positive to me. Sorry for your difficulties and fingers crossed for this one for you flowers

CarbonatedBeverageFiend Wed 13-Jun-18 08:50:15

How often have you been testing and how far are you?

I’m a bit anxious as mine aren’t getting any darker either

Celebelly Wed 13-Jun-18 08:51:40

The cheapies aren't great for progression in the early days. If you're worried then get a couple of FRERs as they tend to give a much darker line with obvious progression (although bear in mind tests even in the same pack can differ in dye amounts, etc.)

Littlelondoner Wed 13-Jun-18 08:52:54

I would be about 4w3 and I tested yesterday lunch time. Last night and just now this morning.

I know they say 48hrs for hormonal increases.

But as I am classed as a high risk. I would rather get my hormones up before I go for bloods etc. Just concerned its not darkening up.

So now it begins the manic pos & knicker checking urgh...

TinyTerror1 Wed 13-Jun-18 08:55:16

Looks positive if it came up in the necessary time window. There was a fairly extensive thread a few weeks ago about whether or not they get darker and the consensus was no, that isn't what they measure, just pregnant or not. So try not to worry about that aspect of it. Good luck flowers

Littlelondoner Wed 13-Jun-18 08:57:59

It came up instantly. So well with in the 5 mins.

But thanks for the heads up on that thread. I will check it out now.

Nothing like hormones to send you crazy obsessive about stuff hey!!

TinyTerror1 Wed 13-Jun-18 09:04:33

It was part of a thread called 'well I think I'm out' started by a lady who had come to that conclusion for the same reason. And yes, pregnancy is one worry after another I've found out!

Iswallowtoothpaste Wed 13-Jun-18 09:13:55

It was my thread. Take a look a the pictures done with FRER, they stayed consistently the same colour over the period of a week. Also did a CB with weeks indicator which wasn’t very accurate either. I had bleeding too so as you can imagine, was a nervous wreck, especially after previous miscarriages.

Went for a scan at 7+1/2 and all was fine. I’m now 10 weeks and as far as I know, everything is progressing as normal.

Littlelondoner Wed 13-Jun-18 09:26:29

Thanks everyone. I have booked in EPU for friday to get my bloods done. So that will reassure me loads I am sure. Whats meant to be will be and all that. Just a waiting game now.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: