Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Reassurance please

(7 Posts)
Pob13 Wed 13-Jun-18 07:37:51

Im currently 11wks and anxiety is hitting hard. I dont have my scan until the 25th and have convinced myself im not pregnant anymore. Im still being sick most days. Would you still have symptoms with a mmc?

tenbob Wed 13-Jun-18 07:39:03

When i had a MMC, my symptoms disappeared over the course of a week

Can you pay for a private scan before 25th for reassurance?

TinyTerror1 Wed 13-Jun-18 08:26:54

Firstly, symptoms tend to ease around 11 weeks anyway. Secondly, MMC is rare in spite of how it feels on this board. You will find yourself panicking throughout your pregnancy, especially as each scan approaches. Try to take a deep breath, be rational and wait those last 12 days.

I've lost count of the number of people who are convinced they aren't pregnant any more at 11 weeks, and I was one of them. My midwife said if I'd had no pain or bleeding it was very unlikely that there was anything wrong xx

Lauraliverpool Wed 13-Jun-18 12:47:36

I've been feeling this way too, I'm 9 weeks 4days and last couple of days not feeling as nauseous as I was, this has got me worried. Had a early reassurance scan when I was 6 weeks 3 days saw a heartbeat then had a private scan on when 8 weeks saw a heartbeat, going again tonight for another private scan as I need to put my mind at ease. X

TinyTerror1 Wed 13-Jun-18 13:09:35

The thing is it's all very well if you can afford regular scans but you won't suddenly stop worrying after the official 12 week scan. I think it's healthier (better for your mental health) to try to manage your worries and wait rather than scanning every couple of weeks. It's up to each individual of course.

Tilliebean Wed 13-Jun-18 14:09:33

My first pregnancy was a missed miscarriage, so had no comparison at the time. However when I fell pregnant again I was most definitely more ill! I can’t remember how long it lasted. I’m pregnant again with DC2 and was pretty ill again. However it got noticeably better around 9 weeks, I’m 23 weeks now. Try not to worry, being ill is a good sign.

Pob13 Wed 13-Jun-18 14:20:36

Thanks all. I cant really afford a private scan. I know that still feeling sick is a good sign. I had a mc last year at 9 wks, so i think im just waiting for it to go wrong again.
DH is so good at being positive and he tries to calm me down. I think im gong to spend the whole pregnancy being anxious, which i know isnt healthy.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: