Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

11 days overdue - so uncomfortable

(15 Posts)
2good Wed 13-Jun-18 06:05:01

Help! I'm 41 weeks + 4 days and every day feels like forever!
- Have had sciatica since 20 weeks, so painful
- Baby's feet have been lodged in my ribs for about 2 weeks, can't lie down
- Average night's sleep is about 2-3 hours, and can't nap during the day
-Walking kills my feet
There's literally no comfortable position
Anyone else in same boat?

Guineapiggiesmalls Wed 13-Jun-18 07:08:42

raises hand 41+4 here too. Feels like I’ve been pregnant forever.

Are you booked in to be induced? I’ve my second sweep later this morning, but holding out no hope as I’ve had no twinges/show/anything other than constant Braxton Hicks. I was so convinced I’d go early, and yet here I am... nearly ten months pregnant...

2good Wed 13-Jun-18 07:15:22

Hi guineapiggiesmalls we're the exact same dates! It's awful isn't it! Yeah I'm booked in for Saturday which will be 42 weeks. I'm the same as you- no show, no twinges, I don't think I've even had Braxton hicks. The baby feels so big and strong now that it really hurts when it kicks. Do you know if you're having a boy or girl?

Guineapiggiesmalls Wed 13-Jun-18 07:20:55

I’m booked in for induction tomorrow, but later in the day so not expecting anything to happen until Friday at the earliest really. And last week I was told she (having a girl) was back to back, so I’ve spent a lot of time trying not to google ‘back to back inductions’ confused and crawling about the house on all fours trying to get her to shift...

People keep saying that it won’t make much of a difference, but I’m worried that going overdue will mean she’s massive! I had this blissful, possible naive, idea of a drug free water birth but now am far more open to the idea of pain relief!

Do you know what you’re having?

2good Wed 13-Jun-18 07:30:17

Oh that's interesting, I don't know what I'm having but most people I know that went over had boys so I thought I'd some magic way of working it out!
I was told a while back by midwife that I was back to back too and she gave me various tips for getting it to turn (like all fours, exercise ball etc). Was a bit stressed about it but then at most recent apt I asked consultant and she looked at me like I was a complete idiot and said "sure it makes no difference at all, the baby rotates continuously when it's coming down the birth canal". She was pretty rude but in a way I felt better!

Guineapiggiesmalls Wed 13-Jun-18 07:49:36

That’s definitely reassuring. My (usually lovely) midwife suggested that she might have turned back to back because I’d been sitting down and lounging on the sofa a little too much... which is a distinct possibility, but I’d rather not admit it!

Have you had any sweeps? I was in two minds about refusing today’s one, since I’m going in anyway tomorrow, but there’s still a bit of me that’s optimstic I’ll go into labour naturally (crosses fingers). Either way, it feels like the end is in sight for both of us!

2good Wed 13-Jun-18 09:18:26

No I've actually never been offered a sweep and hadn't really heard of them until one of my friends mentioned it. I was thinking of requesting one but so close at this stage I mightn't bother. I've a big scan tomorrow to check fluid levels etc. If there's any risks at all they'll just keep me in, but if all is fine they'll send me home until Saturday.
Good luck with the sweep- you never know, you might still go naturally! One of my friends was booked in for her induction but her waters broke literally an hour before the appointment so she didn't have to get one!

Guineapiggiesmalls Wed 13-Jun-18 13:11:42

Ah, I hope tomorrow goes well for you. After weeks of being engaged, the midwife told me this morning that the baby’s head is free and not engaged at all, so wouldn’t do the sweep. So looks like tomorrow’s the day. What a fiasco pregnancy is!

2good Wed 13-Jun-18 13:25:12

Oh no that's frustrating! Sorry to hear that. I thought once the head was engaged it stayed like that! Well best of luck tomorrow- the one good thing about induction is you can plan it and know when you're going in, rather than say the middle of the night. Hopefully it will all happen quickly for you.

Isadora2007 Wed 13-Jun-18 13:30:02

Awww bless you both- been there four times and honestly by the fourth I was enjoying the last few days for all they were worth despite the pains etc!
I’d definetly ask for sweeps as they can help... it definitely helped trigger my third labour at 9 days over, though it was my second sweep.

First babies can be a bit of a pest- they’re just too comfy. But this time next week they’ll be here so do try to take some moments to enjoy life before you’re a Mum!!

2good Wed 13-Jun-18 17:49:57

Thanks isadora 😊 Wow I don't know how you did this 4 times! But I'm sure it will all be worth it and can't wait to have my little baby in my arms 😊

Guineapiggiesmalls Thu 14-Jun-18 18:45:01

How did you get on today 2good?

unicorncow Fri 15-Jun-18 18:09:59

I went overdue with my girls and early with my boys! Good luck for the birth of you've not already delivered

2good Sat 16-Jun-18 07:05:13

guineapiggiesmall how did it all go? Have you had your little baby yet?
I wad induced last night.. I'm 42 wks now. Contractions started last night but are still mild and far apart

athingthateveryoneneeds Sat 16-Jun-18 07:13:34

Being overdue is the worst. I think giving women a due date is basically torturing them - we should give them a due "fortnight" instead. I tried not to tell people my exact due date so I wouldn't get any hounding when I went overdue (and I did!).

Best of luck.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: