Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Split up with partner - 30 weeks pregnant

(12 Posts)
Bumpandus Tue 12-Jun-18 19:33:10

Hi I have just drove away from the family home and don’t plan on returning. Me and my daughter are now at my mums house this is the first time I have ever done this. I have had enough of feeling like my partner does not care about us - he is so selfish.
Has anyone else been through a breakup in pregnancy? Any advice?

I very much doubt that he will try and get me back so I’m sure this is it. I’m so very sad.

Bluebirdsky Tue 12-Jun-18 19:45:26

I haven't been through this so don't have any advice but just wanted to say sorry you are having such a rough time and I hope it all works out for you in the long run.

SpeckledDot Tue 12-Jun-18 19:48:19

I have been through this! Split up with my daughter's dad when i was 6 months pregnant. The first year hard but it gets easier with time

GetInMyNelly Tue 12-Jun-18 20:43:07

Me too, I was 4.5 months.

Haven't seen the guy since (his choice).

As a PP said, the first year is really hard

Bumpandus Tue 12-Jun-18 21:15:46

Also my and dd1s Dad split up when she was 5 weeks old. I’m gonna be single with 2 kids to 2 different dads feel like I’ve really fucked up cause they are both pricks

GetInMyNelly Tue 12-Jun-18 21:26:54

You haven't fucked up, you gave 2 people a chance and they've shown they don't deserve you.

thanks

SpeckledDot Tue 12-Jun-18 23:24:24

@Bumpandus we're not all perfect, some of us do choose bad partners. But you'll have two children to love and love you back. Don't you think that is something to be a bit positive about?

SpeckledDot Tue 12-Jun-18 23:25:22

@Bumpandus and people who judge people for having kids with two different dads can go to hell

Bumpandus Wed 13-Jun-18 01:32:49

Thanks I’m sure he won’t be even attempt to contact us soo..

Bluebirdsky Wed 13-Jun-18 11:11:54

Well if he doesn't then you have definitely made the right decision as he obviously doesn't care enough about you or the baby and certainly doesn't deserve you.

aacceberrx Thu 14-Jun-18 16:57:47

Keep your chin up and think of the happy in your life, you're about to have a beautiful little baby who's going to love you so much and a DD who I'm sure dotes on you too.

As a PP said, if he doesn't contact you, you know you made the right decision. You can do without the negativity of an uncaring partner and this point in your life.

Focus on you and your little ones flowers

Bumpandus Thu 14-Jun-18 20:56:20

I came back today but I had to contact him. Picked him up and he told me he is going abroad to his fathers for a week in 2 weeks. He really does not give a fuck about me. I am heartbroken. I have been hysterically crying in front of him about how down I am and his now with a friend of his. I really do pick dickhead dads..

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: