Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Constipation and upset tummy

(8 Posts)
Redrosebelle Tue 12-Jun-18 12:46:43

Anyone else swinging from being constipated to having an upset tummy? I don’t know which is worse - the nausea of being constipated or the cramps of having an upset tummy! Admittedly I’m not eating three proper meals but after being on antisickness meds for 10 weeks I’m eating whatever I fancy! I try and eat proper foods though. Has anyone else had this, and did anything help? I’m scared to leave the house with my upset tummy at the moment!

FoxtrotSkarloey Tue 12-Jun-18 13:34:44

Me!

Getting really fed up of it.

How many weeks are you?

CarbonatedBeverageFiend Tue 12-Jun-18 13:47:22

Omg yes! Me. I flick between the two and I’m only 5 weeks

Redrosebelle Tue 12-Jun-18 14:28:35

I’m 17!

For the first 10 weeks or so I had almost constant diarrhoea then i had constipation and now I have both depending on what my body feel so like doing! I’m so tired of it.

All I have eaten today is a sandwich, some plain crisps and some toffee popcorn! I don’t know how my tummy can be upset after that??!

snowy1982 Tue 12-Jun-18 15:09:05

I am 27 weeks and struggled with constipation on and off all of first trimester and first half of second. I had a couple week where it all calmed down, but this last 2 weeks I am now struggling with diarrhoea.

Havetothink Tue 12-Jun-18 17:10:41

I have struggled a bit lately, 23 weeks, but sandwich, crisps, popcorn are all processed carbs, you want to try something with fibre, weetabix, bran, wholegrains, fruit, veg and lots of water. Saying that I recently bought a fibre supplement but I'm finding it hard to drink the stuff sad

Redrosebelle Wed 13-Jun-18 12:58:20

I lived on salad and fruit for weeks but they were making my upset tummy worse! I feel better today fingers crossed.

moose234 Wed 13-Jun-18 13:42:27

I'm 37 weeks and yes it's a nightmare!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: