Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Double buggy advice

(20 Posts)
Blazinghotmonkey Mon 11-Jun-18 11:33:04

Will soon be a proud (read tired) mother of two under two so am looking for a double buggy. Issue is I have a very small car boot (Citroen C1) and doubles seem to be huge! Any recommendations for a small double buggy? My daughter didn’t like to be worn so I’m a bit anxious that babywearing won’t be an option for us. TIA

Havetothink Mon 11-Jun-18 17:17:37

I had trouble with this, and could only find one pram in a shop to actually look at look at. There's one side by side called Obaby Apollo twin (comes in lots of colours not too expensive) that was not too big once folded (I had to measure diagonally and depth to figure what would fit in my corsa) it's in mothercare, argos and lots of other places. I got a phil & teds dot in the end, it's an inline not sure by side and folds shorter so less wedging it in but it's quite heavy. I learned the hard way when we bought a pram and then found it didn't fit and had to sell it in son then spent hours browsing pram specifications.

Havetothink Mon 11-Jun-18 17:18:55

Sorry about the spelling.

Havetothink Mon 11-Jun-18 17:21:15

Oh and you'd have to buy a separate different brand cushion support for a newborn in the Obaby pram because they don't provide one even though it says suitable for newborns.

Pinkgeorge Mon 11-Jun-18 17:23:31

I had a nipper 360. And a fiesta sized car

ReadytoTalk Mon 11-Jun-18 17:23:37

Inlines tend to be smaller and easier to get through doors. Oyster max is pretty small. I've got a Phil and ted sport and it fitted in the boot of my kia rio. Alternatively what about a single pram with a buggy board?

ReadytoTalk Mon 11-Jun-18 17:24:17

The inlines also have the advantage that most of them can be used as a single pram so when your older daughter has grown out of the pram you can still use this one for the new baby.

WWYDNameChange Mon 11-Jun-18 17:28:40

Another vote for the Nipper 360 double! I had a Bugaboo Donkey at first which I absolutely loved, but DS1 got too heavy for it.
The Nipper goes up to a really high weight limit and you can get an carrycot to go on it for tiny newborns. Also, their warranty is excellent, they repaired our 18month old pram free of charge within 10 days.
It looks tiny when you put it up, but still vaguely fits our 4 year old that's the size of 6.5 year old!

Blazinghotmonkey Mon 11-Jun-18 17:28:47

Thank you for the recommendations so far, I will have a look at them this evening and yes looking at the dimensions is a good idea that I stupidly hadn’t thought of! I like the idea of the buggy boards but I’m worried my daughter won’t stand on one or will try and step off. I’ve seen seat ones but I don’t think they will work with the carrycot part of the pram. We have a lovely joolz pram we want to use but unfortunately it doesn’t become a double and daughter is definitely not old enough to not need one yet

Soontobemumof4 Mon 11-Jun-18 18:11:35

Another vote for Out n About Nipper double, I have the v4 so seperate hoods. I had a new born and 2y3m old and it worked fab. It's still used now although she walks a lot more so her seat gets loaded up with school bags. Come Jan it will he used for 2 under 2 and it never misses a beat. I do truly love it.

Havetothink Mon 11-Jun-18 20:20:16

I looked at the Nippers but they were too wide for my boot, get the tape measure out, only way to be sure.

Mol1628 Mon 11-Jun-18 20:24:31

Nipper 360 is the best double buggy I’ve tried and I’ve tried a lot. I doubt it’d fit in your car though.

Have you looked at the joie aire twin? That is wide but it folds quite flat and has small wheels.

Mybabystolemysanity Mon 11-Jun-18 20:24:45

Bought a P and T sport tandem for new baby who's not here yet. Finding it a bit awkward to fold and too heavy to lift in and out of car while heavily pregnant. Sort of wishing had got a dot instead. Uppababy Vista looks amazing if you can get second hand or justify the new cost. Wish I had got one for first baby.

Steeley113 Mon 11-Jun-18 20:28:36

Baby jogger city mini double. 100% goes in a C1 boot with the wheels popped off. I used to stick my mates in my old C1 years ago!

fizzyfizz Mon 11-Jun-18 21:02:59

I got a nipper 360 after asking a similar question on here (for a 20 month age gap) and I am only starting to use it regularly now the baby is nearly 6 months. I didn't like it when he was little but then I didn't get the carrycot as I couldn't justify the cost. I managed as i rarely went out on my own with both of them in the early months. I'm sure it would have been fine with the carrycot, although it doesn't fit through my door so have to assemble and buckle them in outside. I don't like the front/back doubles and find the nipper is generally fine for most trips I need to do.

Soontobemumof4 Tue 12-Jun-18 14:25:45

fizzyfizz did you put a new born insert in It? I found that made the world of difference when my new born went in it.

foxpox Tue 12-Jun-18 14:33:09

The Phil and ted dot folds up quite compactly because you can fold the handle down and take all the wheels off easily so you're left with a lumpy rectangle instead of a weird uncompromising triangle shape.

Duckyneedsaclean Tue 12-Jun-18 14:41:16

Mountain buggy nano duo folds titchy tiny.

fizzyfizz Tue 12-Jun-18 20:10:44

Soon yes i have the insert - I think I didn't like him facing away when he was tiny! I'm over it now smile

FoxtrotSkarloey Wed 13-Jun-18 07:37:44

Not cheap but the new iCandy Peach can take two and folds up much smaller than the Uppababy Vista which is the other one we tried in our car boot.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: