Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Ughhhh advice on getting through the early stages

(8 Posts)
CarbonatedBeverageFiend Mon 11-Jun-18 09:42:13

So I took a pregnancy test before AF was due and i'll be paying for a private 8 week scan but that's another 3 weeks away sad

I keep taking regular pregnancy tests and the lines aren't becoming more faint but every time but boobs hurt less or every time I feel a cramp I freak out.

Doesn't help that I have scaring on my bowel & pelvic wall and have been getting bowel cramps leading to constipation and diarrhea.

How did you get through the early stages?

Iswallowtoothpaste Mon 11-Jun-18 10:36:39

@CabonatedBeverageFiend it’s so bloody difficult and the only thing you can do is wait it out, try and keep busy (which is hard when you’re soooo tired.

I’m 9+4 today and have had slight spotting at certain weeks as well as cramping. Had an early scan at 7+1 where they were worried that I was measuring almost two weeks behind but I remembered that I’d ovulated around 10 days late! Anyway lovely strong heartbeat and everything looked fine for the stage I was at.

I’m still worrying though. I’ve been having cramps the last two days, just mild but still disconcerting! I’ve got my 12 week scan 3 weeks today and it can’t come quick enough! Just gotta sit tight till then and if all’s good then hopefully we’ll be able to relax a bit!

If you’re anxiety is getting too much and impeding the normal function of your daily life then go and see your GP, he may be able to help you. Someone suggested breathing exercises to me and to imagine a pendulum swinging slowly and regularly in your stomach, sounds daft and at first I though ‘what a load of old shit’ but it’s really helped me at times where I become nothing short of neurotic!

Here’s to a H&H 9 months (or however long we all have left!)

TinyTerror1 Mon 11-Jun-18 11:28:42

It was difficult. I googled fanatically! I never had much in the way of symptoms and I had a few episodes of spotting. I was so convinced there wouldn't be a baby there at the 12-week scan. Now I'm 23 weeks and have a happy wriggly baby in my belly which is the best thing as you can finally stop worrying so much, but it's a long slog. Just try not to stress as it isn't good for either of you. If it helps, reassure yourself with statistics. Risk of MC drops daily. I also used to lie in bed before going to sleep, put my hand on my tummy and 'talk' to my baby (inside my head) to promote positive hormones. It always made me feel so happy and hopeful. I know it sounds naff but I found it was the only time of day I genuinely believed she was in there and everything was ok, so it really helped me.

CarbonatedBeverageFiend Tue 12-Jun-18 08:00:08

Thanks all.

Yeah google is not my friend right now! Also in pain but don’t know how much pain is normal? I’m
Also frantically checking for bleeding which is dumb. I need some chill. I think I’ll be happier once I reach 6 weeks

kirinm Tue 12-Jun-18 08:05:07

It was hard. I bled every week, sometimes every couple of days, was admitted into hospital following losing 2 pints of blood at 16 weeks. Everyday was tough. But it did eventually pass but there's no denying it went slowly. Now in the third trimester and hoping it doesn't go so slowly.

smithsinarazz Tue 12-Jun-18 15:39:01

Hiya, I wasn't that stressed when I was pregnant, but I've got a reeeeeallly long history of being horribly anxious about all sorts of things and the only advice I can give you is: try not to think about it. I know, I know, it's really hard not to think about it. But. If you are scared of a particular thing, and if you go looking for evidence that it's there, then chances are you're going to find it. You know - like if you had a morbid fear of skin cancer, you'd notice every blemish you got.
I'm still pretty anxious but I'm finding it useful to focus on the garden at the moment. Sometimes you have to consciously say to yourself "Stop!" 'Cos, at the end of the day, if you're doing everything that you can do anxiety ceases to be useful. It's just a horrible grinding downer that you just need to consciously tell to fuck off every now and then.
xx

kentparent Tue 12-Jun-18 23:05:55

I really support the poster saying don't google. It will make you more anxious and there are always horror stories and weird symptoms out there. Trying relaxation and distraction sounds good. If you need to worry try and confine it to half an hour a day then tell yourself times up and do something different. Maybe you need to watch Love Island if you don't already...or the World Cup or something to get interested in.

Chocolatecoffeeaddict Tue 12-Jun-18 23:11:32

I just told myself what will be will be. I worried a lot with my fourth pregnancy for some reason. It felt like something would go wrong and I panicked over everything. I told myself that was is meant to be , will be. I use this mentality a lot even now in my everyday life and it helps keep me calm.
And also I got as much rest as I could as I found early pregnancy physically and emotionally draining.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: