Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Should I be worried

(14 Posts)
Firsttimemum1829 Sat 09-Jun-18 08:39:26

Hi, I am 10 weeks with first pregnancy. Over the last few weeks I have been getting on off pain in right side groin/pelvis area, especially if I yawn, get up quickly or turn in beds it’s like a sharp pulling pain. I wasn’t worried about this on its own but last night I had some brown discharge when I went to the loo (sorry if tmi). I am now worrying something could be wrong? Anyone else had this and everything has been ok? Thanks x

Emelene Sat 09-Jun-18 08:41:12

The pain sounds very much like round ligament pain as things stretch. I had this and it was really painful! I'm not sure about the discharge though.

aiski Sat 09-Jun-18 09:28:28

Hello, I had some pain on the right hand side last week (currently 7 weeks so was 6 then). I went to the Doctor as I am a bit of a worrier and this is my first pregnancy, they said it could be nothing but they sent me to the hospital for a scan just in case. If you are worrying it might be worth going to the Dr or calling 111 to set your mind at ease. xx

aiski Sat 09-Jun-18 09:29:47

Forgot to say everything is ok so far with mine and they said it was probably just ligament pain with everything changing and stretching xx

Firsttimemum1829 Sat 09-Jun-18 18:35:52

Thanks for your replies, there has been no more discharge since that one time last night, and it was tiny. I have had no pains today, so going to see how I feel over the next couple of days and call midwife/EPU. It’s all just a worry when you don’t know and don’t know what’s normal or not x

Kate123cl Sat 09-Jun-18 18:40:34

I'm 6 weeks and I have this! I went to have an early scan and they found a cyst and I explained the pain to them and they said it could be linked to this! Have you had an early scan??

Firsttimemum1829 Mon 11-Jun-18 17:38:21

Hi Kate, no I haven’t had an early scan, have only got my 12 week scan on 3rd July. Haven’t had anymore spotting since that one time. Have had a few more pulling/sharp pulling sort of pains today though, so might call midwife in the morning when they open again. Hopefully the cramps are normal, but I have no idea, google has me worried for all sorts x

TinyTerror1 Mon 11-Jun-18 19:05:11

Does sound like round ligament pain. It's fairly normal to have spotting in early pregnancy, something like one in three successful pregnancies have some bleeding, but if it comes back or you're worried do call your midwife.

Firsttimemum1829 Mon 11-Jun-18 20:30:34

Thanks everyone, called 111 and they advised to go A&E to get checked out, just back, they think all fine, checked urine and have some trace of infection, but said no need for antibiotics just plenty of water and rest, but they have booked me in for scan Wednesday just to check, so that’s a relief at least. Thanks for all the support ladies x

Aw12345 Mon 11-Jun-18 21:58:37

Sounds like round ligament pain to me too... I had this a lot in first trimester. Hurts more than I thought it would!!

Firsttimemum1829 Tue 12-Jun-18 06:28:13

Thanks @Aw12345 I wasn’t sure I would get that in the first trimester, so here’s hoping it is that. Will let you all know after the scan tomorrow

Firsttimemum1829 Wed 13-Jun-18 18:52:42

Hi just to update you, had scan this morning and all fine, good strong heartbeat and baby measuring 10+4 days x

Aw12345 Wed 13-Jun-18 19:18:52

Great news! Congratulations!!

Kate123cl Wed 13-Jun-18 20:48:34

Aww amazing news congratulations!! X

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: