Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Labour, can anyone remember what it all feels like when it starts?

(10 Posts)
Bippitybopityboo Thu 24-May-18 15:00:54

I had my little boy 22 months ago. Im now 39+2. I remember the big contractions and how they felt and the intense ones that I had which made me know I needed to go to the hospital but I can not remember what it felt like in the beginning? Is it just a dull ache? I'm really nervous for it all starting. I know everyone's different but what did labour start off like for you?

user1484167681 Thu 24-May-18 15:03:18

I woke up at 4am with what felt like period pain (was surprised I could remember what that felt like!), but it was bad enough that I couldn’t get back to sleep... baby came 38hs later via EMCS, but that was the start!

Bippitybopityboo Thu 24-May-18 15:05:13

I so wish i could remember it so I know what to kind of expect. I just remember lots of baths but they were quite bad by then.

Caspiana Thu 24-May-18 15:05:23

I am in the same position but with my first so would be really interested to hear people’s experiences too!

LilacIris Thu 24-May-18 15:06:49

My waters went without any sign but not long after that I had period-like cramps, then the cramps came and went before turning into definite contractions.

mumofmunchkin Thu 24-May-18 15:19:19

Strong period-like cramps for me, which built up. My waters didn't go until I was pushing.

Okaassan Thu 24-May-18 15:29:07

Just intense period pains that came in waves.

user1484167681 Thu 24-May-18 16:04:58

Sounds like you need to watch out for period-cramp-like sensations, OP 😊

moreismore Thu 24-May-18 16:10:01

Another period cramps! Started mildly 4pm in afternoon, was uncomfortable enough overnight that I didn’t sleep much but didn’t wake me up so much I could be bothered to get hot water bottle or anything. Waters went at 4am and contractions started pretty full on an hour later.

Fionz Fri 25-May-18 16:19:14

I woke up and noticed an achy pain in my lower back. Pains were just niggles that came and went, wasn't till i realised they were regularly coming and going that it dawned on me I was in labour! My DD is now 18 years old and I am 32+3 weeks pregnant with another little girl 😊

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: