Talk

Advanced search

Labour, can anyone remember what it all feels like when it starts?

(10 Posts)
Bippitybopityboo Thu 24-May-18 15:00:54

I had my little boy 22 months ago. Im now 39+2. I remember the big contractions and how they felt and the intense ones that I had which made me know I needed to go to the hospital but I can not remember what it felt like in the beginning? Is it just a dull ache? I'm really nervous for it all starting. I know everyone's different but what did labour start off like for you?

user1484167681 Thu 24-May-18 15:03:18

I woke up at 4am with what felt like period pain (was surprised I could remember what that felt like!), but it was bad enough that I couldn’t get back to sleep... baby came 38hs later via EMCS, but that was the start!

Bippitybopityboo Thu 24-May-18 15:05:13

I so wish i could remember it so I know what to kind of expect. I just remember lots of baths but they were quite bad by then.

Caspiana Thu 24-May-18 15:05:23

I am in the same position but with my first so would be really interested to hear people’s experiences too!

LilacIris Thu 24-May-18 15:06:49

My waters went without any sign but not long after that I had period-like cramps, then the cramps came and went before turning into definite contractions.

mumofmunchkin Thu 24-May-18 15:19:19

Strong period-like cramps for me, which built up. My waters didn't go until I was pushing.

Okaassan Thu 24-May-18 15:29:07

Just intense period pains that came in waves.

user1484167681 Thu 24-May-18 16:04:58

Sounds like you need to watch out for period-cramp-like sensations, OP 😊

moreismore Thu 24-May-18 16:10:01

Another period cramps! Started mildly 4pm in afternoon, was uncomfortable enough overnight that I didn’t sleep much but didn’t wake me up so much I could be bothered to get hot water bottle or anything. Waters went at 4am and contractions started pretty full on an hour later.

Fionz Fri 25-May-18 16:19:14

I woke up and noticed an achy pain in my lower back. Pains were just niggles that came and went, wasn't till i realised they were regularly coming and going that it dawned on me I was in labour! My DD is now 18 years old and I am 32+3 weeks pregnant with another little girl 😊

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: