Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Anyone else just desperately counting down the days until mat leave?

(19 Posts)
Mooneyes Wed 23-May-18 21:04:14

I'm currently 30 weeks and starting mat leave at 36 weeks. Decided I wanted a good month just to relax, get the house sorted, batch cook.

I don't know how I'm going to make it though! So bloody tired all the time. Fanjo constantly aching and feeling loads of pressure in my groin. I work 6 days a week with a fairly long commute. I'm really pushing myself to get things done, but I honestly feel that if I stop I'll never start again!

Smellyjo Wed 23-May-18 22:40:49

Yes me! I'm only 24 wks but I have planned to start my mat leave at 33wks this time. Last time I did 37 wks and so regretted it, I needed more time just to rest and potter. For me a couple of weeks when my baby is 1 is not as valuable as extra weeks to sleep and prepare for her arrival! If I can sleep by then that is. I think if you're really struggling you could always ask for a week or two early? I had annual leave booked for 33-35 wks so decided just to stop before it rather than go back after. Can't wait!

Smellyjo Wed 23-May-18 22:41:41

Ps 6 days a week! Poor you. I only work 3 I may add and still feel knackered...

DelphiniumBlue Wed 23-May-18 22:47:50

6 days a week plus a long commute is surely too much at your stage of pregnancy? No wonder you're in pain and aching.
Could you negotiate reduced hours/ fewer days/ working from home sometimes?

Mooneyes Thu 24-May-18 09:37:51

I've reduced my hours so I can leave earlier. Had some time off sick due to HG in the early days, so don't really want to push it any more

Lexie82 Thu 24-May-18 09:54:27

I'm on total count down! Finish 20th July at 34 weeks, got 4 weeks annual leave before I start mat leave......
I've put in some random long weekends to try to break up the weeks too!
I commute an hour and try to work from home once a week....but currently wishing my life away too!
Got so much to do at home and just want to get organised now!!
x Not long to go girlies......x

HoneyBee03 Thu 24-May-18 10:00:56

I'm also on the countdown! Last day will be 7th June when I'm 37 weeks. I'm feeling pretty shattered though and I make far too many noises getting in and out of my chair. On Tuesday this week I ended up working from home and it made such a difference! I commute for two hours a day so not having to do that really helped. I've got about 9 working days left and boy am I counting!

Also home is 45 mins from the hospital and my office is 5 mins away, so maybe I'm better off here. wink

AmazingGrace16 Thu 24-May-18 10:09:55

I'm 20 weeks and been so poorly with this pregnancy. Off sick again at the moment. Can't wait to be on maternity so I can stop worrying about work!

louella99 Thu 24-May-18 10:10:05

Me too! I'm going off in July at 33 weeks. I work 12 hour shifts including nights, and I just can't imagine staying right til the end. There have been some adjustments made for me, but it's still a hard job and a long commute. Everyone's different though!

0310Star Thu 24-May-18 10:25:05

15 working days left for me and finishing at 36 weeks!! I was lucky in that I took my 3 weeks annual leave as 6 weeks of half days, so I have been slowly toning down and that has made a HUGE difference.

Was having such bad coccyx/pelvic pain when I was working full time still.

MeadowHay Thu 24-May-18 11:37:16

I'm 36 weeks and I have today off work as using up annual leave and tomorrow is my last day THANK THE LORD. I am soo tired on my work days for about the last 3 weeks to be honest. My due date is the 19th of June so hoping to have those three peaceful weeks before baby comes to rest and finish getting everything ready for baby. I sympathise but to be fair the last few weeks did go much faster than earlier in my pregnancy so hopefully the time will go quick and before you know it you will be off and able to relax flowers.

strangelove85 Thu 24-May-18 11:54:28

I'll be finishing at 34 weeks (4 weeks of annual leave before actual mat leave starts) and am only 23 weeks now. The next 11 weeks are going to go sooo slooowly!

Poptart4 Thu 24-May-18 16:52:11

I'll be finishing work on 31st August at 36weeks. A week of that is holidays then maternity leave starts at 37 weeks.

Baby's not due until 30th September so I'll have a whole month to wait/relax/prepare. I originally planned to work until 39 weeks but I think I'll be too tired by then. Plus I'm looking forward to having some child free time while my other kids are in school.

GlamBump Thu 24-May-18 17:10:31

oh yeah, im only 14+2 but planning to go off at 36 weeks. My job has always been stressful and never really liked it, so i am definitely looking forward to leaving with a nice 6 week pay as a farewell lol

LouiseofChalky Thu 24-May-18 17:53:08

I’m 33 weeks and leave at 37. I’m shattered and currently counting down the working days, but also trying to make the next 4 weeks seem manageable by setting myself small things to look forward to along the way. If you can maybe do one little nice thing for yourself every week (a massage, dinner with a good friend, read a book, etc). I’ve tried to do something like this every week to give me something focus on.

Cuckooclocks Thu 24-May-18 17:55:39

Yeah me! I’m not even prego.

PrimeraVez Thu 24-May-18 18:25:25

I’m 37 weeks and finishing at 38, so next week. Cannot wait! Am so fed up of squashing myself into ‘smart’ clothes each day and we recently relocated to an office with no lift, so I’m up and down stairs all day. It’s Ramadan as well (am in the Middle East) which means no food or drink at my desk, so am constantly ducking into the toilets or pantry to neck a load of water.

leanne9312 Thu 24-May-18 21:20:10

I'm 20 weeks and struggling working full time and running a house sad scared to stay off incase i lose my job, so hard especially since I'm a chef and food makes me feel sick bloody torture blush

leanne9312 Thu 24-May-18 21:20:27

I meant I'm 10 weeks blushblush

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: