Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Should I worry about this?

(4 Posts)
theycallmebabydriver Wed 23-May-18 14:53:57

Hi, I'm 37 weeks and have an appointment with my midwife on Friday. For around 5 days now I've had awful pain in my knuckles in both hands. My blood pressure has been normal throughout pregnancy but was high for me when I went to my 36 week check at the hospital last week and although still in the normal range the Dr put in my notes for the mw to keep an eye on it in subsequent appointments. It seems to be getting worse. My worry is that it might be pre eclampsia but i dont know if that on its own is just me overworrying as i also know weird things happen to all your joints toward the end of pregnancy. Would you wait til the appointment on Friday and mention it then or contact the hospital now?

sophiemaypeacock Wed 23-May-18 14:55:40

Hey!

I'm not an expert and I'm only minimum 7 weeks gone with my first, but if it's something that is really worrying you then there's no harm in calling the hospital for advice. It gives you peace of mind and I guess it's better to be safe than sorry, although I'm sure you will be fine.

S x

ILikeMyChickenFried Wed 23-May-18 14:58:40

I had preeclampsia in my last pregnancy but knuckle pain wasn't one of the signs they asked me to keep an eye out for.

I assume you've got no swelling, awful headaches, etc?

That being said you could always phone triage and tell them your concerns. I did this a couple of times and they didn't want to see me bit could reassure me over the phone

theycallmebabydriver Wed 23-May-18 15:03:23

Thanks, I might just give them a call, it can't hurt. My hands have been swollen but not consistently and they usually swell in the heat anyway so I've put it down to that.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: