Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Something is wrong

(7 Posts)
snowbake Tue 24-Apr-18 23:48:55

I'm 10 weeks pregnant and was initially happy about it, my partner and I have been together for 3 years and it's been a wonderful relationship (and he's a wonderful man) but for the last few weeks I've fallen into a horrible mindset - realising I don't want to have a baby, wanting to escape my life, no motivation to do anything, and most disturbingly of all, I feel numb about my partner. Questioning if I love him, no desire to be connected to him in any way.
We're currently on a small vacation and I keep thinking about going for a walk by myself and not returning.

This is all so bizarre to me, a few weeks ago I never would have dreamed that I'd be contemplating abortion and leaving my DP sad

applesandpears56 Tue 24-Apr-18 23:52:52

It’s the hormones and antenatal depression. Get to your gp asap tomorrow. If on holiday you can visit a local gp as a visiting patient.

GreenTulips Tue 24-Apr-18 23:56:03

Pregnancy can be a huge shock even when planned.

You suddenly become second to the child and it's all consuming

Talk to your partner and speak to some real people.

Hope you feel more positive soon

cruciia Wed 25-Apr-18 03:55:19

This happened to me in my first/beginning of second trimester - I was questioning everything. For me, it completely turned around and now it's the exact opposite.

miki123 Wed 25-Apr-18 08:01:25

As others have said, it’s highly highly likely that your feelings are the result of your changing hormones. Please please try and speak with your gp as they can refer you to perinatal mental health support. I found them absolutely invaluable during and after pregnancy and they will fully understand your thoughts and be able to help you. If you don’t feel comfortable speaking to your gp or cannot access them from where you are currently you can also contact IAPT directly (you can find the relevant contact details for your area here www.nhs.uk/Service-Search/Psychological%20therapies%20(IAPT)/LocationSearch/10008) and they can put you in touch with the relevant perinatal mental health support. Sending huge hugs xx

Pickledgerkingsareathing Wed 25-Apr-18 10:11:02

I'd say this is hormones I was exactly the same and god I hated myself for thinking it but I'm now happy with a 1year old son my partner and I'm 20 weeks pregnant x x x

snowbake Wed 25-Apr-18 11:59:23

Thank you everyone, I will book a doctors appointment once I'm back.
I still feel the same today, I've been looking at DP this morning and just feel nothing, almost like he's a stranger. It' awful sad

miki thank you so much for all that information, it is really appreciated x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: