Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Feeling worried... 5 weeks pregnant.. advise please :)

(12 Posts)
Rose2887 Tue 24-Apr-18 13:17:24

Hi, I called my doctor this morning to confirm my pregnancy. He told me he will write to my midwife and she will contact me within the next few weeks to arrange an appointment. He told me the usual dos and donts.

The thing I’m concerned about is the fact bar cramping, sore breasts and tiredness I do not feel sick and haven’t been sick, the dr asked me if I had been sick or felt sick and when I said no he said that one in five pregnancies and a miscarriage.

Should I be concerned that I don’t feel sick?

It feels so far away the 12 week scan and when I go to the midwife will she check my bloods or the baby’s heart rate to see whether everything is okay?

QueenOfMyWorld Tue 24-Apr-18 13:18:33

Hi not everyone feels sick,I didn't at that stage.If you want peace of mind you could book private scan around 8 weeks

MyKingdomForBrie Tue 24-Apr-18 13:20:38

I didn’t get any sickness or nausea in either pregnancy, so I wouldn’t say it’s really an indicator of anything especially as you have other symptoms.

He is right about the miscarriage figures but there is really nothing you can do at this stage except keep taking your folic acid. Odds are you will be fine so don’t worry!

WelshMammy123 Tue 24-Apr-18 13:38:39

Is this your first pregnancy? In my first I didn't get any sickness until 8 weeks. In subsequent pregnancies it's kicked in a lot sooner - around the 5-6 week mark - but I wouldn't be concerned at this stage. I know quite a few people that haven't had any sickness throughout and had perfectly healthy babies delivered at the end of it.

KelB24 Tue 24-Apr-18 13:50:12

I had no sickness with my first baby and now hes a healthy 13 month old so try not worry. I'm pregnant again around the same as you and I've no sickness just now either. Also not got my booking app until the 28th may when I'll be like 10 weeks!

PenguinChristmas Tue 24-Apr-18 13:52:37

I didn’t have any sickness with my first pregnancy and non with this one (now 29+4) but I did with my miscarriage so Don’t worry everyone’s symptoms are different

SoyDora Tue 24-Apr-18 13:55:03

5 weeks is quite early for sickness. I wasn’t sick until 7-8 weeks in my first 2 pregnancies. Some women don’t get any sickness/nausea at all.

PickettBowtruckles Tue 24-Apr-18 13:55:13

I’m only 4+5 and so far have only had cramps and sore breasts also. Think it takes a while for the nausea to set in!

dementedpixie Tue 24-Apr-18 14:04:35

I was never ever sick in my 2 pregnancies. I did gag when brushing my teeth though

memaymamo Tue 24-Apr-18 14:20:48

Normal! Try not to worry and be patient. Very hard I know.

Oysterbabe Tue 24-Apr-18 14:25:46

As above, that's normal.
Unfortunately the midwife will not check your blood for HCG or listen to the heart rate so you'll have to wait until 12 week scan or pay for a private one.

Rose2887 Tue 24-Apr-18 14:56:09

Thanks everyone smile May think about booking a private scan, just for reassurance smile xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: