Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Extra hospital bag!

(10 Posts)
Flyingchimps Mon 23-Apr-18 16:43:20

As it stands it’s all very up in the air as to how baby is coming out! I’ve packed my main hospital bag using lots of lists around. Now I’m looking to pack the extras bag in case I have to stay longer than expected! I’m looking for what would be good to put in here- so far I have:

Extra clothes for baby (6 complete vest and baby grow get ups)
Maternity pads
Underwear

Other than that I’m lacking ideas. Will leave a load of extra nappies in the car for DH. And will send him for food as and when. But want to try and place minimal stress on him as it could well be a very interesting period of time, and he’s lacking common sense 😂 so what else do people tend to add into their reserve bag?

Thanks smile

Thinkpositive23 Mon 23-Apr-18 17:06:55

More general clothes
More pjs
Extra breast pads/mat pads

emily199027 Mon 23-Apr-18 20:21:28

I've got some extra pjs, clothes, underwear (BIG pants) a few extra baby clothes, nappies, maternity pads in my reserve bag.
I've packed it because I know for a fact if I send my DH home for some bits, he'll have no idea where to look or what I'm on about 😂
Typical man, if it's not in eyesight, it's not there 😂

Flyingchimps Mon 23-Apr-18 20:41:15

@emily199027 I’ve just shown DH where the extra bag is! I also have explained to him that the baby’s draws are by size with the lower you go the bigger they are... we will see how we get on! 🙈 is it bad I have such little faith in him 🙊😂 he helped to construct the nursery but hasn’t had anything to do with sorting it in his defence!

GreenTulips Mon 23-Apr-18 20:45:19

Chocolate bars
Drinks
Wet wipes for you
Mints
Socks for you
Baby blanket - hospital ones are yuk
Change for the trolley phone

Show DH how to wash baby clothes and dry them!!

Flyingchimps Mon 23-Apr-18 20:50:25

@GreenTulips ooo brilliant point about the washing and drying! My mum is around if all else fails! But it is something DH will need to learn, all of the baby’s washing stuff is next to the washing machine as I’ve actually just washed and dried all of the clothes up to 3 months so would be a good place to start with DH 😊

DeathlyPail Mon 23-Apr-18 20:53:49

Does your DH really not know how to wash and dry clothes?

Flyingchimps Mon 23-Apr-18 20:55:24

He knows how to wash and shrink @DeathlyPail 🙈 and how to turn white things grey! He steers clear of the washing machine much like I steer clear of trying to keep the plants in the garden alive... horses for causes. Works well for us 😊

PointeShoesAndTutus Mon 23-Apr-18 20:59:52

In my spare bag I have 2 extra sets of baby clothes in newborn size, a set of baby clothes in the next size up in case baby is a big one, a spare blanket, a spare pack of nappies and wipes, a spare pack of maternity and breast pads, 3 extra pairs of giant knickers, a spare nursing bra, spare PJs and spare leggings/top/jumper.

coffeeforone Mon 23-Apr-18 21:05:06

Drinks for you!! On my maternity ward they didn’t have a drinking water tap. Only drinking water that was topped up once a day at 8am so no water available from about 5am to 8am. I’m taking loads of bottled water next time.

And more maternity pads!! I ran out and DH had to go buy some. He came back with normal sanitary towels which were less than useless!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: