Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Newbie to the pregnancy board! Due end of December.. anyone else due around the same time?

(553 Posts)
Rose2887 Mon 23-Apr-18 10:42:51

Just looking for a board to join, have just started weaning myself off conception. I’m due 26th December. Feeling like it would be nice to join a group with people due similar time smile
Feeling a little anxious about things going wrong and dp doesn’t really understand x

Stephisaur Mon 23-Apr-18 10:49:05

There's a group of us on the Antenatal clubs board with December due dates smile

Many of us are nervous wrecks, so you'll fit right in ;)

Rose2887 Mon 23-Apr-18 14:36:57

@Stephisaur that sounds great smile thank you! X

SoyDora Mon 23-Apr-18 15:54:42

Just got my BFP today with a likely due date of 30th Dec!

Rose2887 Mon 23-Apr-18 18:13:46

@SoyDora congratulations!! Have you booked app with midwife yet? Xx

SoyDora Mon 23-Apr-18 18:16:43

No not yet. They don’t see you until around 8 weeks here so I’ll call sometime over the next week.
It’s DC3 (I have a 4 and a 2 year old) but feeling especially nervous this time round for some reason.
How are you feeling?

Rose2887 Mon 23-Apr-18 19:05:28

@SoyDora yes I’m nervous too!! I have a dd she’s 9.. so it’s like starting again! Any pref to sex? I don’t feel sick or anything!!!! The hunger has kicked in today tho! I’m calling dr tomorrow as he has to refer me to midwife! Xx

emmalou9 Mon 23-Apr-18 19:13:32

Hi all,

Firstly, congratulations to you all!!

I've just found out I'm pregnant, with my first, due date calculator says 31st December. Have contacted GP and they say they will pass my details on to the midwife.
I'm really worried about things going wrong after reading all the stats (I know, I know - I really shouldn't) but with it being so soon feel like I can't talk to family/ friends about it just incase.

SoyDora Mon 23-Apr-18 19:13:57

No preference at all... I have 2 DD’s so another girl would be fab as I only have good experiences of them so far wink, but equally would be fab to have a boy. How about you?
I do actually feel a bit sick... that’s what prompted me to take the test. I thought I was out this month as I’d been using OPK’s and not had a positive despite using them twice a day, so not sure what happened there!

dreaminofholidays Mon 23-Apr-18 21:35:26

hey, also just found out I am pregnant. It's a shock as we were not trying so I don't know anything about pregnancy.
What does BFP mean?
I have the doctors later this week for confirmation but there are so many risks this early it's quite scary! x

Rose2887 Mon 23-Apr-18 21:52:26

@dreaminofholidays welcome smile bfp means big fat positive I believe!!!
Congrats.... and I know what you mean, scary times! X

Rose2887 Mon 23-Apr-18 21:55:26

@SoyDora with my dd i didn’t have hardly any symptoms so guessing this is similar so far...
Have you had any cravings? It will be so nice when you get to see the scan, seems like so long ago! Xx

G00ders1 Tue 24-Apr-18 04:29:53

Hi everyone,

I’m due on either 22nd or 26th December (depending whether it’s NHS or a variety of other websites I ask!)
Feeling constantly queasy. First one for me, so trying not to worry too much. Though I did freak out slightly yesterday - I’m a primary school teacher and one of my children came in with a rash. I thought nothing of it as I touched the rash and discussed it with the mum, until after when I was like OMG! Then one of my friends said it was probably chicken pox, so I panicked even more! However, I’ve had chicken pox, which apparently means it’s fine and I don’t need to worry! Phew! 🙈
I think I’ll find it hard to change my normal behaviour though 😬

emmalou9 Tue 24-Apr-18 06:37:29

Hi @G00ders1,

Congratulations.
I'm a teacher too but secondary so rather than worrying about illnesses I'm more worrying about all the germs etc. Hubby says I'm being silly so we can worry together!! 😊😊
It's also my first - who have you told so far?

G00ders1 Tue 24-Apr-18 06:47:53

@emmalou9 I haven’t told my husband about the rash incident yet - he will freak out! He’s already panicking that I’m not eating enough - I said it’s hard to eat when you feel constantly sick!
To be fair I have issues keeping secrets, my face gives everything away! So DH, Mum and Dad, best friend and 6 others know, one was a result of the chicken pox panic though! Even though I’ve not told SLT I’m certain they know as I’m pretty open and have told them why I’ve needed the doctor in the past, but didn’t this time!
How about you? xx

emmalou9 Tue 24-Apr-18 07:01:12

@G00ders1 Best not to tell him, if he's a panicker, my DH won't let me do anything for myself already!!
At the moment, there's only me and DH that know. I really want to tell parents and close friends but I'm really worried incase something goes wrong.
I'm just in the process of booking for an early scan so thinking of waiting until after that to let people know. I'm bursting though and really want to tell someone which is what spurred me to join here as I knew people would be the same situation. Xx
Feel I will have to tell people at work earlier than hoped with feeling sick incase the inevitable happens.

G00ders1 Tue 24-Apr-18 07:19:39

@emmalou9 with the people who I’ve tokd (who are close friends anyway) my logic (again) was that if something happened then they could support me too. I think I’d also tell my SLT too, because they are very supportive. I think DHs worry because there’s only so much they can do! Bless!
I debated an early scan, but I think even that scares me, so I’m going to wait until I HAVE to go for a scan, if that makes sense! 😂😂

emmalou9 Tue 24-Apr-18 07:27:29

@G00ders1 that completely makes sense - I don't blame you. I want to tell just think DH is a little apprehensive. You are a week or so further along than me as well so hopefully when we get to 6/7 weeks we will feel as though we can tell people.
We have plans in a few weeks with friends to go to the races so will have to tell people before then as otherwise it'll be overly obvious and I would rather then find out from us than work it out for themselves.
I totally understand with the scan, I just still feel as though it's not real and I think seeing something will settle my mind a little.
Have you started to think about when you will finish for Mat leave yet? Xx

G00ders1 Tue 24-Apr-18 07:53:27

@emmalou9 it definitely feels as if it’s not real - I worry a scan will make it too real! 😂😂
Yeah, we’ve always had a plan for MAT leave. I’ll go off in December at the end of the term 🤞 and then go back after easter. DH is having the majority of the leave 👍
What about you? xx

emmalou9 Tue 24-Apr-18 08:07:09

@G00ders1 I think that's what I'm missing atm and partially why we've not told anyone. I just need reassurance, normally I'm always so together but with this I feel all over the place.

We've not really spoken about it too much, don't want to tempt fate. But I'm guessing I'll try and go up to the end of the term and then go back just before the summer holidays start. I'll have 2 groups of year 11 going through their GCSE's whilst I'm not there!! How come you've decided to split it between you?

Have you been to see your GP yet or spoken to a midwife? Xx

G00ders1 Tue 24-Apr-18 08:21:20

@emmalou9 I completely understand why you’ve not told anyone, it definitely feels weird to say it, and you almost feel you’ve got no proof! 😂😂
GCSEs are harsh! You definitely don’t need that in your life!
I spoke to the doctor last week, who was lovely, and she referred me to the midwife who I’m seeing on 17th May - I was really early when I went to the doctor because the NHS assistant to go as soon as you find out, so I did! 😂😂
We’ve always said we’d split maternity, I love my job and don’t want to miss out too much. Plus, I’m a primary school teacher so can get to work at 8am and leave by 4pm (obvs taking all my work home with me), and have at least a week off every 6 weeks, whereas he doesn’t get that, plus he is 1000 times more organised than me! 😂😂😂

Rose2887 Tue 24-Apr-18 10:16:56

@emmalou9 hey smile sorry was going to message you last night but fell asleep!! Welcome! I’m also worried, I guess it’s normal. I work in a little cafe and feel like I need to tell them as the job is very physical but haven’t even told my family yet! Keep getting cramps! Does anybody else? Xx

Rose2887 Tue 24-Apr-18 10:21:18

@G00ders1 Hi, welcome!!! Yes that’s why I joined here.. nice to be able to off load! I have a 9 year old who’s teachers pregnant and she said the same... she’s worrying about catching stuff! You suddenly feel protective over the bump 😂
I’m waiting for my dr to call me today.. he will arrange midwife appointment. I don’t feel sick at all yet.. just spaced out, hungry and tired a lot! I wasn’t sick with dd tho, which apparently is usually a sign of a boy but wasn’t!! xx

FireAndRain45 Tue 24-Apr-18 10:31:00

Hi! I got my positive yesterday, should be due around New Year's Eve. I feel SO weird! Excited and terrified and absolutely shocked as we were told it may take ages or not happen at all, and it's happened after having unprotected sex once! shock

Trying not to get ahead of myself too much but I've downloaded the pregnancy+ app. Feeling fine so far just weird boobs, hard and pointy (?!) and sore, and seem to be growing about a cm an hour. And had some mild cramping yesterday and the day before.

I feel like I'm going to start my period at any time just because I don't trust that this is actually real and happening!

emmalou9 Tue 24-Apr-18 11:07:39

@G00ders1 I spoke to my nurse yesterday and she said she will refer me to the midwife but haven't heard anything yet - I'm so impatient!!
Splitting your leave sounds a brilliant idea, I hadn't even thought about it. Mentioned it to DH this morning after you'd said and he seems quite keen actually so that's definitely an option.

@Rose2887 hi and congratulations. I keep getting cramps so am starting to get really worried. I've read a lot about it being completely normal though.

Hi @FireAndRain45 congratulations, we're both due NYE. I feel like that itself is a little daunting. I've started to feel a little sick in a morning but after I've taken my folic acid so not sure if it's a reaction to that. It seems to subside after a few hours.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: