Talk

Advanced search

Very confused and very pregnant :(

(10 Posts)
whattookyousolong Sat 21-Apr-18 03:59:34

I'm currently 41+2, i went to hospital today for a stretch and sweep (which they never ended up doing)

they measured me and I'm only measuring at 37 weeks after being spot on for the entire pregnancy. This was my first appointment in 3 weeks and I feel like it was really rushed and I'm so confused about everything.

They've booked me in for a growth scan tomorrow and I'm just awake worrying and confused as to why they didn't do it today. I'm also meant to be induced on Sunday and I'm terrified (I've been induced before and it wasn't THAT bad I'm just totally restless and have a million worries at the moment)

Ugh sad

jacobsgirl Sat 21-Apr-18 04:03:39

If there was any serious concerns I'm sure they would've dealt with them today .

You're maybe just overthinking as it's coming to crunch time and it's all getting a bit real.

I found with appointments they all went by very quickly and I almost never remembered anything they told me. Why don't you try writing down what's worrying you and you can bring it with you tomorrow to make sure you get all of you questions answered ?

I was also induced smile

Congratulation also ! X

pastabest Sat 21-Apr-18 05:01:00

Tape measure measurements of bumps are notoriously innacurate and only a rough indication.

Scans are usually booked up weeks in advance with a few spare for growth scans etc that are needed sooner. I would say getting one the next day is pretty good going, although the haste is probably because you are already at full term rather than because they are concerned anything is seriously wrong. If they were concerned you would have likely been admitted for monitoring at this stage.

Good luck!

Fevs Sat 21-Apr-18 05:16:49

My friend had a similar experience and when the baby appeared was actually a ten pounder! I’ve never trusted the tape measurer method, always seems so unreliable.
It is bound to be a bit of a worry but try not to think the worst as if it was urgent they would have done more today.
Get some sleep and good luck with everything! flowers

mrbob Sat 21-Apr-18 05:20:12

For the measurements thing DO NOT worry! When the baby drops down into the pelvis ready to come out then it will sit lower so the measurement to the top of the bump will be less. Totally normal smile
If growth has slowed on the scan they might induce you earlier but as someone else said- if there were any immediate concerns they would have admitted you. Good luck!

freakinbananaspiders Sat 21-Apr-18 05:41:24

At the end of pregnancy bump measurements can change as the baby drops into place - has anyone said your baby is engaging?

Can you still feel the baby moving well? If you have any concerns about movement changes/ slowing down/stopping etc get back to labour ward ASAP. This is more important than bump measurements.

Hope everything goes well tomorrow.

I'm sat here cuddling my massive 11 month old who was induced at 37 weeks after slow growth and was just 5lb 2 when born xx

Cosmoa Sat 21-Apr-18 11:31:36

The lady my Mum has just been a doula for was told the baby was measuring at 5lb 4oz according to their scans and they tried to induce her. She decided to wait a few more weeks to let the baby grow. They then did another scan after 2 weeks and said the baby hadn't grown.. If anything she was smaller.

Anyway she ended up being born a day later and weighed 6lb 7oz! So they were way off!!

Basically there is no way to tell until the baby is here so try not to worry 😊

Loosemoose28 Sat 21-Apr-18 11:38:31

Scans can hold 15% accuracy either way on measurement. And reaearch shows
tape measurement is only really accurate if done by same midwife/ doctor at each appontment.

Try not to worry OP. As long as movements try and continue. Respect to you being 41+ weeks. Im only 40+3 and loosing the plot now x

Loosemoose28 Sat 21-Apr-18 11:39:33

And you never know we both may have babies before your scan time tomorrowwink

MyNameIsNotSteven Sat 21-Apr-18 11:56:00

I was told I was having a ten pounder at my 38 week scan, but she was 7lb 3oz. I wouldn't give it any thought unless you're concerned about movements. thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: