Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

This is Mumsnet's Best Highchair. What do you think?

(135 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

MumsnetReviews (MNHQ) Thu 19-Apr-18 14:04:26

We set out to find the best highchair on the market, and after weeks of extensive testing we've declared the Cosatto 3Sixti2 as our Mumsnet Best highchair 2018.

We choose our top products based on Mumsnetters’ recommendations and our Talk boards, as well as which products are being searched for most on Google. We also look at new releases, meaning we give new products a level playing field to compete on with old favourites. You can read more about our testing process here.

Take a look at our reviews page to see which highchairs we rate. Do you agree with our choices? We'd love to hear your thoughts!

HatesWriting Fri 20-Apr-18 14:44:44

It's a lot like the one I had 5 years ago this one

Love the idea of changing height, and your one has the swivel function which I imagine would be a complete God-send!

CircleofWillis Fri 20-Apr-18 15:59:43

Is the footrest adjustable? This is one of the first things I would check with a parent when working with problem feeders.

Buglife Fri 20-Apr-18 16:21:00

£160 shock that’s insane. I can’t work out why you’d want to recline a high chair which is one of its selling points. I’d rather not feed a baby who’s not sitting up straight. Also any cushioned/padded high chairs get manky in the crevices so easily. Then again I love an Ikea Antilop so I’ve never spent more than £14 on a high chair and it’s always been excellent, so easy to clean and simple.

Hobnobsarenotfordunking Fri 20-Apr-18 16:22:57

IKEA do one for £13 that is perfect! I can’t believe people spend £170 on one!

Why would anyone need to recline a highchair?

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Fri 20-Apr-18 16:25:31

Does it go in the dishwasher like an IKEA Antilop (which I believe is MNers high chair of choice...)

And £160? shock

www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/chairs-stools-benches/high-chairs/antilop-highchair-with-tray-white-silver-colour-spr-29067293/ £14. Are you paid for your recommendations?

RatOnnaStick Fri 20-Apr-18 16:31:25

£184? Thats £165 more than anyone should spend on a high chair..

Ivegotfamilyandidrinkcupsoftea Fri 20-Apr-18 16:32:30

Its way too expensive

QueenAravisOfArchenland Fri 20-Apr-18 16:35:17

It's becoming more and more evident that there's "Mumsnet's best", and then there's reality.

I had a moderately expensive Cosatto for my first high chair. I ditched it a month in for the Antilop.

PinkCalluna Fri 20-Apr-18 17:01:32

We bought a fancy, very expensive high chair like the one pictured and it was fine.

Just fine.

And a nightmare to clean.

Looking back I really wish we’d just bought an Ikea one.

We ended up with a trip trap chair later anyway (which really was worth the money)

misskatamari Fri 20-Apr-18 17:12:45

God no! Surely everyone know the Ikea Antilop is the ultimate high chair. This one looks a nightmare to clean, and wowzers ££££. Antilop all the way, without a doubt

StylishMummy Fri 20-Apr-18 17:24:56

Ikea's offering is far & away the best. They don't need to pay for covert advertising either hmm

thatsmyjoomper Fri 20-Apr-18 17:26:39

Here here - another vote for the ikea one!!!

Jenijena Fri 20-Apr-18 17:29:14

And another vote for the Antilop, and you can use the money towards a steam mop and cleaner to properly blitz it and still have cash left over for a dinner out.

zzzzz Fri 20-Apr-18 17:29:32

Nope the ikea one is best.

KirstenRaymonde Fri 20-Apr-18 17:31:24

I’m so glad I’m on Mumsnet before I have a baby so I won’t fall down the new parent trap of buying ridiculously expensive things for no reason when I do get round to it!

TroubledLichen Fri 20-Apr-18 17:31:28

That is garishly hideous and why on earth would you want to recline a high chair? Another vote for the Ikea one here!

zzzzz Fri 20-Apr-18 17:31:35

Don’t mess with us MN, we are perfectly capable of telling you what the best highchair is. You are being VERY silly.

HumpHumpWhale Fri 20-Apr-18 17:34:46

That's insane. It's so expensive! plus it's only suitable up to 15kg, which my son was at 1. So I'd have got 6 months use out of it!

Corneliusmurphy Fri 20-Apr-18 17:46:55

Dd (pfb) had a fancy hard to clean one, the twins had the ikea ones which I passed on when outgrown and are still going strong 8 years later!

InDubiousBattle Fri 20-Apr-18 17:51:08

£160.95!! As in pounds sterling? £146.95 than you need to spend!

RatOnnaStick Fri 20-Apr-18 17:52:17

The Antilop can go in the dishwasher. I bet that one can't.

GlitterGlassEye Fri 20-Apr-18 18:07:06

I’ve had 3 kids over the course of 11 years. One high chair had all the bells and whistles but was a nightmare to clean, the second was less faffy but still expensive and didn’t last very long. The last was the IKEA antilop - by far the best and still looks great now I’ve passed it on. If only there was an IKEA in my area when I’d had the first dc.

chocolatesun Fri 20-Apr-18 18:26:04

I love my Ikea high chair! Now using it for DD2

twosecs Fri 20-Apr-18 18:30:06

WHO DECIDED THIS?!

#teamantilop

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: