Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Sweep and lost plug

(3 Posts)
Mummytofourbubbas Tue 17-Apr-18 09:40:53

Hello!!

Need some advice (for some sanity) hahagrin

So I’m currently 40+6
Baby was due 11/4/18
I had a sweep on my due date but cervix was unfavourable, posterior, long and closed. Was unable to do a sweep.

Yesterday I had a sweep at 12pm my cervix was soft, anterior, dilated 1cm but still quite long, I got home and had backache then contractions kicked in around 4pm right until I went to sleep around 11pm these pains were intense I had to breath through them. But I woke up this morning and nothing (feel deflated) but... I’ve had a mucus plug come out.

Anyone think labour will be soon? I’m booked in for induction Saturday (in 3 days) and so nervous. This is my 4th baby and my first two were induced with my third coming on her own and I can tell you being induced is 1000 times worse so want to avoid being induced ahhhhh x

Mummytofourbubbas Thu 19-Apr-18 23:12:45

Bump

Pinkvoid Thu 19-Apr-18 23:17:00

It’s different for everyone but for me personally once I lost my plug, I was in labour within 24 hours and had my three DC not long after that. Good luck and hope it happens soon for you flowers.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: