Talk

Advanced search

Frantic movements

(27 Posts)
LemonMuffin837 Mon 19-Mar-18 23:56:44

Before anyone tells me to, I've already called the delivery suite, they've told me to lay on my side for two hours and monitor movements.
He's going mental in there, I'm 39 weeks.
I've got myself in a panic, I just want to go in and have him monitored, why do they even bother telling us to stay at home?
I've been googling (like a twat) and found this could mean he's distressed, or the cord is strangling him, one woman's baby died after frantic movements! And I've just got to stay at home and count kicks!
It's been 45 minutes of the two hours they want me to keep an eye on it and he's still not stopped, so that's almost two hours he's been going mental.
I don't know what I expect from this post, just trying to pass time I suppose and stop myself googling horror stories.
Someone talk to me please everyone I know is asleep sad

MyKingdomForBrie Tue 20-Mar-18 00:00:04

My dd did this the night before she was born. Now that you’ve googled though I can see that you’re going to be in a panic because you’re scared for him. Call them again if you’re still unhappy and tell them exactly what you’re afraid of.

LemonMuffin837 Tue 20-Mar-18 00:03:51

I know, I really shouldn't of googled it's the worst thing I could have done, nothing good ever comes from doing it. Think I will give it half an hour and give them another call and tell them I'm not happy.

MyKingdomForBrie Tue 20-Mar-18 00:06:52

Good plan. I wouldn’t feel bad for harassing them if you’re stressed, yes I’m sure they’re busy etc but now isn’t the time to be selfless! I thought my dd was going to fight her way out the evening before I went into labour, she ended up back to back and I still think that was when she turned.. pain in the neck child!

sycamore54321 Tue 20-Mar-18 00:10:17

Go in right now. You have a live, full-term baby, and your movements are causing you alarm. I cannot see what the two hours wait will do - do you even know who you spoke with on the phone? I would stop googling and just go there. Especially as the advice seems to suggest that you will end up going in later in the evening anyway. So go now, get seen, you can wait there if needs be.

Best wishes. Be prepared that they might want to keep you and deliver your baby right away or in the next day or two. And that's just fine.

frasier Tue 20-Mar-18 00:14:46

Go in. No point in waiting because you’ll want to go in in two hours anyway.

fitbitbore Tue 20-Mar-18 00:15:04

I was
Kept in over night for this reason last week. Baby moved lots but obs were fine all night and in the morning I was told lots of
Movement is a sign of a healthy baby. But if your in a panic it's worth asking for babies obs to be checked on the monitor cos you'll only worry once baby quietens down. Good luck x

LemonMuffin837 Tue 20-Mar-18 00:16:13

I spoke with a midwife, they done this to me before when I had reduced movements. I'm not sure how I'm meant to know everything is ok by monitoring the movements myself? I'm not a baby expert! It seems such a silly thing for them to say.
Even if he does calm down, how do I know that isn't a bad thing?
I'm going to ring them back tell them I want to come in. I've packed my hospital bag already I will take it with me just in case.

INeedNewShoes Tue 20-Mar-18 00:20:34

Do persist and insist on being seen if you're still concerned. It's so unnerving when our babies change their movement pattern!

CuppaTeaAndAJammieDodger Tue 20-Mar-18 00:29:51

Please go in - changes in movements (either way) should always be checked out.

Oddsocksforeveryone Tue 20-Mar-18 00:33:12

I hope you're both ok and they check you over x

LemonMuffin837 Tue 20-Mar-18 00:47:35

Just rang them again they still won't see me, just told me if baby is moving that's usually a good thing. Why do they drum it in to our heads that all change in movements need to be checked but when anything changes they just make you stay at home. I don't know if I'm just being dramatic, I feel silly for even calling them now. I told them how worried I was but they still weren't interested I don't even want to call them back.

Deliverytostore Tue 20-Mar-18 08:26:39

It’s been hours since your last post so I hope baby is okay. Triage will now be open so can walk in to have a chat with someone even if all has calmed down by now. My triage has an open door policy so hoping yours has too.

bluebell34567 Tue 20-Mar-18 08:35:05

I hope everything is fine with you and the baby and wish you an easy delivery flowers. thinking of you.

GinnyBaker Tue 20-Mar-18 08:40:02

Call them again or just go in and demand to be seen. Don't let them fob you off. Don't let them make you feel silly. How dare they! You are right to want to check it out. When my DS was nearly term and I had worries and they fobbed me off at the desk, I told them 'ok just to let you know I'm going to start recording this conversation now as I feel you aren't listening to me at all' and it was remarkable how they pulled their socks up quick smart.

You are never going to see these people again, so don't worry if you piss them off, making sure the baby is fine is so much more important that what they think.

LemonMuffin837 Tue 20-Mar-18 09:42:32

Thanks for your support guys, he's not moving like he was anymore. He's moving, but seemed to have chilled out, I'll keep an eye on it myself. I've not had any sleep and feel utterly exhausted. I just find it stressful that they're not really interested in seeing you unless you think they've died.
I rang them again this morning they said I can go in if I want, but feel like I'm making a mountain out of a molehill now, feel a bit embarrassed.

INeedNewShoes Tue 20-Mar-18 09:51:52

Did you speak to the same midwife each time? You may have just got unlucky. She'll have finished her shift by now.

strawberrysparkle Tue 20-Mar-18 09:55:42

I'm so sorry they made you feel like that. I have also had trouble with this before when I had reduced movements. I rang and explained I was worried and was made to feel completely stupid for even considering ringing them.

I find advice given my midwives to always ring if worried is just for show sometimes as when you have a question then never seem overly bothered. I'm sure this isn't all midwives however just my experience.

Deliverytostore Tue 20-Mar-18 10:02:57

You need to go in ASAP. Don’t monitor by yourself. My son was born by emcs in similar circumstances. My friend wasn’t so lucky. I don’t want to scare you. So please don’t wait and monitor by yourself. You are full term. Baby is ready now. Kindly go now

Midnightpony Tue 20-Mar-18 10:05:33

They've said you can go in if you want. And you want to. You're not making a mountain out of a molehill, it sounds like baby was distressed and you're distressed so go in

ohfourfoxache Tue 20-Mar-18 10:06:04

Go in.

If nothing else you need to put your mind at rest

glitterbiscuits Tue 20-Mar-18 10:08:03

Go in and get checked.

If I were you I would just tell a lie and say how ill you felt or something.
Pregnancy is terrifying!

Good luck. flowers

LemonMuffin837 Tue 20-Mar-18 13:20:48

I've just left the hospital, they're so much different to your face, couldn't be more helpful.
Heart rate normal, no issues. Time to get some sleep. Thank you for all your replies.

Deliverytostore Tue 20-Mar-18 13:35:15

So glad to hear that, all the very best for the birth and have a good rest now. Thanks for updating flowers

ohfourfoxache Tue 20-Mar-18 13:58:01

Superb news thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: