Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Sudden third trimester sickness?! Or...?

(15 Posts)
Kittypillar Thu 15-Mar-18 14:33:46

I was walking through a park to get to the shops this lunchtime and I suddenly felt very much like I was going to be sick. It was like a wave of nausea just swept over me in seconds and I ended up dashing to the side of the path to be sick into a bush. It was lovely. Few people staring at me, so my pride has taken a bit of a dent as well blush

Funnily enough, now I've been sick I feel a bit wiped but generally fine otherwise. What on earth is that about?!

Tenroundswithmiketyson Thu 15-Mar-18 14:35:36

How far gone are you?

Kittypillar Thu 15-Mar-18 14:40:20

31 weeks. Have felt pretty good, apart from general aches and tiredness, since I went past 11 weeks ish, so all was a bit strange.

Tenroundswithmiketyson Thu 15-Mar-18 14:59:21

Sometimes it can come back but Id see midwife to be sure

twobambinos Thu 15-Mar-18 15:14:52

I resd on my first pregnancy that it can come back in the 3fd trimester. But it never went to start with. Hope u feel better soon

Smellyjo Thu 15-Mar-18 15:34:57

Could be a bit of food poisoning or a pukey bug?

Origamoo Thu 15-Mar-18 15:37:28

I’m 27 weeks and being sick again sad

Waitingonasmiley42 Thu 15-Mar-18 15:38:25

I was sick throughout third trimester and worsened towards the end. It was triggered by any rich nice foods, smells and also used to vomit repeatedly until about 12. I think it just happens to some people unfortunately.

Lukeandlorelai4Ever Thu 15-Mar-18 15:40:42

I'm 37 weeks and get this sometimes! Was sick (hg) up until about 27 weeks then it went but every few days for the past few weeks I just randomly vomit hmm

SeeKnievelHitThe17thBus Thu 15-Mar-18 15:58:33

Check with your midwife as it can also be a symptom of other health conditions e.g. pre-eclampsia that you need to get checked out.

Kittypillar Thu 15-Mar-18 22:29:14

Thanks all. I have an appointment with my midwife on Monday so I will definitely mention it to her then. My blood pressure has been very low all through the pregnancy so far so I'm really hoping this isn't a symptom of preeclampsia and it has somehow shot up. Sounds like it could just be on of those delightful things though! Ever since it happened I've felt absolutely fine so suspect it isn't a tummy bug.

PossibiliTea Sun 18-Mar-18 19:43:28

Hope everything goes ok with your appointment, I’m not seeing midwife for another couple of weeks but I’ve had exactly the same thing!

Not felt like this since first tri, blood pressure also been fine throughout but also had a bad headache today that make me feel nauseous too.

Kittypillar Sun 18-Mar-18 21:21:44

Oh no @PossibiliTea, I feel for you sad hope you feel better soon. I'll let you know what my midwife says but if you get any worse, don't be shy about ringing yours! I think it's probably better to be sure.

Kittypillar Mon 19-Mar-18 10:57:18

Just to let you know @PossibiliTea that my midwife said it's a totally normal (albeit very frustrating) thing to get in third trimester. So that's good but also not fun, obviously... Definitely let your midwife know if it gets worse though.

PossibiliTea Mon 19-Mar-18 13:36:35

@Kittypillar thank you so much for letting me know, hope you can get some relief from it soon. At least with it being third tri we haven’t long to go!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: