Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Nearly fainting and pregnant - Why?

(8 Posts)
EJonesx Tue 13-Mar-18 23:51:51

I'm 11 weeks pregnant and today I very nearly fainted. Does anybody know why? I was walking round the shops and all of a sudden felt sick, hot and dizzy. I walked outside and my vision went and I started to sweat. Had a really strange feeling in my nose too 🙈 I literally think I was seconds away from fainting and I sat down and was okay within 10 minutes. Can I have people's advice please and whether they think I need to see a doctor?

Kittypillar Tue 13-Mar-18 23:56:32

This happened to me in early pregnancy quite often and I had no idea why - I found out at my next midwives appointment that my blood pressure had become a lot lower. I'd say if it keeps happening, maybe ring your midwife to ask about it, otherwise just ask at your next appointment and see what they say?

windchimesabotage Tue 13-Mar-18 23:56:36

I think you need to tell your midwife when you see her. As far as im aware this is pretty common though. Its happened to me in both pregnancies ive had. Vision going grey and having to sit down.
I think pregnancy puts a lot of strain on your body in general.
Im not sure the exact reason this happens but if you google fainting in pregnancy you can see that it happens to a large amount of women.
Like I said though I do think you should tell your midwife when you see her so she can rule out medical issues.

MyKingdomForBrie Tue 13-Mar-18 23:56:58

I get that and put it down to low blood pressure. I’d call your midwife not the dr in the first instance.

Cavender Tue 13-Mar-18 23:58:30

Yep low blood pressure. See your midwife about it but I don’t think there’s too much they can do, you just need to be careful.

frasier Wed 14-Mar-18 00:20:41

Yep, blood pressure. I got the nose thing also.

I was told to lie on left side if it came on in the house (recovery position, helps blood go to the heart).

Keep hydrated.

Eat small amounts during the day rather than big meals and then a gap.

ChickenTikkaBhuna Wed 14-Mar-18 00:23:20

I had this when I was pg with dc1 and MW said it was low blood pressure.

jubbablub Wed 14-Mar-18 07:07:28

I have got this badly at the moment. Got sent home from work yesterday as I felt so dizzy that I couldn’t walk down the corridors without almost needing to hold on to something.

Going to try to see Dr/midwife today to get blood pressure and blood sugars checked and monitored. Honestly, I don’t feel safe to drive!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: