Advanced search

Anomaly-measuring under?

(15 Posts)
Katyx3 Tue 13-Mar-18 18:43:57

FTM freak out, reassuring advice needed 😎
It's been a few weeks since my anomaly scan but still really bothering me that the only two measurements we got say 19 + 3 next to both, where the scan was done at 19 + 3 😭
Anyone else had this? Is it normal?! X

onemoremummy Tue 13-Mar-18 18:57:02

I don’t understand, did you write the wrong dates on your post?

Katyx3 Tue 13-Mar-18 19:02:42

Tits! Yes I did and don't know how to edit 😂 that's how much I freaking out lol scan was at 20+3. Thanks for pointing out 😘 x

PenguinChristmas Tue 13-Mar-18 19:27:21

I was told it’s totally normal. They expect the measurements to be 2 weeks either side, if they had any concerns they would have told you at the scan. I can’t remember off the top of my head but I’m sure some of my measurements were under and some over my dates. The lady who scanned me said all within the Normal range.

ClareB83 Tue 13-Mar-18 19:34:28

As long as within 5th and 95th percentile it's fine.

Katyx3 Tue 13-Mar-18 19:36:07

Thanks for that penguin! All she said from what I can see all seems normal and healthy, then I seen the paperwork and was gutted! Here in wales we only get abdo, head and femur length so not a lot to go by! Not too big in the belly area as well so now starting to panic for next midwife app (I never stop panicking it seems!) but he's been moving a lot more last few days, feel him in morning as well as night now 😍 x

Katyx3 Tue 13-Mar-18 19:36:56

Claire, again with minimum details we get here it just says underneath "all measurements are over the 5th percentile" so bloody informative haha! Thanks x

PenguinChristmas Tue 13-Mar-18 19:42:09

Awwwww that’s amazing your starting to feel him more.

Relax12 Tue 13-Mar-18 19:47:11

Try not to worry too much. It's completely normal for measurements to be two weeks behind/ahead.

I had the exact same measurements at my 20 week scan & he was showing below the 50th percentile for head & leg (we don't get exact percentile, it's just plotted on a graph).

We had a growth scan 5 weeks later (for a completely different reason) and all his growth had caught up; the measurements were plotted at the 50 percentile.

Katyx3 Tue 13-Mar-18 20:06:05

Thanks penguin!

Thanks relax! Think it's the lack of info that's making me worse!

Thanks x

MadameJosephine Tue 13-Mar-18 23:52:05

Measuring 19+3 at 20+3 is within normal range. The sonographer would have told you at the time of the scan if there was anything to be concerned about

Elektringa Wed 14-Mar-18 08:11:14

Check with your midwife and ask what was your paap-a results which slows down the growth of babies.
My measured on monday as 21 wks though I am 22.
Midwife can check all this info for you and reassure that all is fine. Don't worry as some babies are tiny, some huge! Like my friend said- you don't want to push out a huuuge baby smile

Katyx3 Wed 14-Mar-18 11:35:32

Thanks so much girls you've no idea how much better I feel from your comments!
Also booked a 4d scan to see him at 27 weeks! 😍 x

QueenAravisOfArchenland Wed 14-Mar-18 12:01:00

Babies naturally vary in size by 20 weeks - that's why dating has to be done at 12 weeks, when the relationship between gestational age and size is a lot tighter.

The measurements are all perfectly normal. It would be weird (and impossible) for all babies to measure precisely average at 20 weeks. 50% of healthy normal babies will measure slightly smaller than that theoretical average, 50% will measure slightly bigger. Your baby happens to be in the slightly smaller 50%. That's all.

Katyx3 Wed 14-Mar-18 15:34:34

Thanks for that Queen 😘
Can you tell I'm new to all this and clueless 😂 x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now