Advanced search

Did you LOVE your baby name, or is it just fine?

(12 Posts)
TobleroneBoo Tue 13-Mar-18 11:41:12

First baby is due in 4 weeks, a DS.
There are names that I can put up with, there is a name I like, but there is nothing that I absolutely love! Did you love your DCs names?

Note: I have a girls name that I do absolutely love & have to have, but I dont feel that way about any boys names

NimbleKnitter Tue 13-Mar-18 11:42:23

I feel exactly the same way - boys names are just...meh

But I'm thinking I'll grow to love it, once it's his

AKP79 Tue 13-Mar-18 13:18:21

I felt that way with my first and the name I chose for my son I really liked, but not as much as the girls name I had in mind. He's 6 now and I love his name because it's him. It suits him and I can't imagine him being anything else.

Hope that helps...

FYI - I'm having the same problem this time round! However, the other way around! I love our boys name, but I'm not a lover of any of the girls names we've considered and my gut tells me this is a girl! Funny as the name I LOVED for a girl last time, didn't even make it on the list this time! smile

TobleroneBoo Tue 13-Mar-18 13:47:30

That's really interesting how your thoughts have changed this time round. I'd like to think if I ever had a girl that the name would still be loved as it's a family name but who knows really?

AKP79 Tue 13-Mar-18 13:55:08

Mine was a family name too! I think what's changed it for me is the fact that I now know more children than I did before my son and I know a couple with the name and well, I'll keep it polite, but it's put me off! ;)

Didntcomeheretofuckspiders Tue 13-Mar-18 19:43:48

I love our girls name. I don’t love our boys name but it’s a family tradition and I know it will make DP and his dad very happy so I’m happy with that.

Brownbear84 Tue 13-Mar-18 20:29:23

Love both my girls names Pollie who was named after my mums best friend who died when I was expecting her and Esmee cos we loved it xxx

CocoLoco87 Tue 13-Mar-18 21:01:00

Love my boys names! Loved them before I had my 20 week scan and love them still a few years on! I had DS2's name picked 2 years before he was born. It really suits him!

DramaAlpaca Tue 13-Mar-18 21:01:47

I have thr

DramaAlpaca Tue 13-Mar-18 21:03:34

Oops. What I was trying to say was I still love the names I chose as much now as I did when my boys were born & they are grown up now.

LaurG Tue 13-Mar-18 23:22:12

I’ve picked a boys name and my oh has picked a girls. He had a girls name that he loved. I don’t know the sex. I obvs like my boys name and I’m ok with the girls name but not mad about it.

Slightly worried I’ll react against his name if it’s a girl .., I’ll have to try not to!

FranticallyPeaceful Tue 13-Mar-18 23:23:47

I don’t think I love any name tbh. Girls or boys

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now