Talk

Advanced search

Is this expected

(14 Posts)
Bluebells12345 Tue 13-Mar-18 08:32:42

Hi there
This is my first pregnancy about 6 weeks just now so not got scan for another month and a bit. I have had zero symptoms except tirdness. I dont feel pregnant and keep waking up everyday expecting to have more symptoms. Do most people not get any sickness until later or is everyone different. Think in my head symptoms will let me know baby is growing x

SprinkleSomeSparkles Tue 13-Mar-18 08:35:33

Morning! Currently 25 weeks pregnant with my first and I had no symptoms for ages. Luckily I have had no sickness, I had a few headaches in the earlier stages and I was very tired, like you I worried somthing was wrong but midwifes assured me I was just very fortunate. So enjoy your pregnancy (easier said than done!)

Sals27 Tue 13-Mar-18 08:37:48

This is my first pregnancy too, I'm 13weeks now. I was like you, tiredness was my only symptom so I was waiting for the sickness and other symptoms to appear. They never did and I had my 12 week scan last week where we had a healthy wriggly baby.

Fruitcocktail6 Tue 13-Mar-18 08:38:48

I didn't really get proper symptoms till around 8 weeks. They're just easing off now I'm 12 weeks.

Bluebells12345 Tue 13-Mar-18 08:47:36

Thankyou that makes me feel better and suppose i should feel glad i am not crippled with sickness everyday. I am excited to feel pregnant x

YorkieDorkie Tue 13-Mar-18 08:54:19

2 DC here and no symptoms with either! Only late on in pregnancy the blessing of sciatica and heartburn confused

ForeverHopeful21 Tue 13-Mar-18 11:20:23

I had no symptoms and then at 8 weeks felt like I'd been hit by a bus. I had constant sickness, nausea, exhaustion & shortness of breath until 13 weeks. I was so thankful when it ended!

Justfred Tue 13-Mar-18 11:28:27

I'm 19 weeks and I didn't get any sickness. I got spd pains around 12 weeks onwards but no other symptoms before then.

Justfred Tue 13-Mar-18 11:30:04

We had a private scan at 7 weeks which was very reassuring, might be something that will be good for you?

usernotfound0000 Tue 13-Mar-18 11:36:29

I didn't really have any symptoms with my first pregnancy, apart from sore boobs, never had sickness. Currently early days with #2, I've had more symptoms this time but still no sickness, just a bit of nausea and aversion to certain smells.

tlnejntr Tue 13-Mar-18 12:44:13

When I was pregnant with my first I had no symptoms and wasn't showing until about 20 weeks+ the only indication I had was missing periods. I was poley for 1 week which I put down to food poisoning and that was it for the whole pregnancy.

WreckItRach Tue 13-Mar-18 18:42:41

I'm 27 weeks now and I didn't really get any symptoms at the start. Occasionally tiredness and bloating but that's all. I also kept forgetting that I was pregnant or kept thinking that maybe I was wrong. Just try and count yourself lucky that you don't have awful morning sickness and enjoy it 😊

lilly28 Wed 14-Mar-18 10:38:07

Congratulations on getting pregnant, sweetheart! You are truly blessed that you are going to be a mom soon. Becoming a mom is a beautiful experience. Well, being tired and having no other symptoms is totally fine. This happens to many women who are expecting. In fact, I also felt tiredness in the early stages of my pregnancy. After the scan, we found that my baby was completely fine. I faced no complications. So you don't need to worry. Enjoy this phase of your life. So many women out there are unfortunate because they can't conceive naturally. They have to through different processes like surrogacy, IVF etc. You can imagine how hard it is for them. You should be happy that you can deliver your child naturally. Much love for you!

JessJones998 Wed 14-Mar-18 15:41:34

Hey there. How are you doing nowadays? I hope its all good. First of all congratulations on the pregnancy. I think its pretty normal.I have known people with similar cases. There was nothing wrong with them. If you really feel something is not right. Then your doctor should be your best bet. Keep consulting the doctor. Keep doing your research. Don't stress your self out. I hope it all works out. I wish you have a wonderful year ahead. Good Luck.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: