Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Early stage, big weekend away with girls???

(11 Posts)
SerendipitySmiles Mon 12-Mar-18 22:46:11

I've just found out I'm pg, 5 weeks smile This weekend I'm supposed to be going away for a big weekend with the girls. We're staying in a youth hostel and supposed to be out Friday and Saturday night, the days will be chilled. Not drinking is fine but I'm worried about being in very crowded places (which I will be) and getting jostled. I don't want to let people down but I'm worried about it being too much and therefore it being quite stressful. Any advice? Thank you

Katyx3 Mon 12-Mar-18 23:00:00

Only you know how you're going to react
If it was me I wouldn't because I would be boring annoyed an snappy haha but at five weeks perhaps not too bad? X

SequinsOnEverything Mon 12-Mar-18 23:07:15

I don't think you need to worry that being in crowded places will be bad for you, unless you have bad morning sickness, then I guess it might make it worse.

Can you go and stay in the second night if it's too much?

LaurG Mon 12-Mar-18 23:19:12

At five weeks my hormones were mental. Like pms gone mad. I wasn’t fit for human company. But that was me. Just make sure that you can get to your bed or relax if you need to. Are you telling your friends? It might be better to tell someone just for some support if you need it.

NimbleKnitter Mon 12-Mar-18 23:22:31

At 5-6 weeks I was puking pretty much non-stop.

Hot places made it worse.

Maybe see how you feel?

60sname Mon 12-Mar-18 23:23:02

Physically I was fine at 5 weeks. When, when the hormones started to ramp up I became very protective of my personal space so jostling would have really irritated me. But the baby is about the size of a poppy seed right now, deep in your pelvis, so can't be harmed by people bumping into you.

zaalitje Tue 13-Mar-18 00:05:45

At 5 weeks OP baby is the size of a lentil and tucked deep down inside your pelvis.

Are you feeling generally ok in yourself? If so, go.

PrimeraVez Tue 13-Mar-18 08:03:13

At 5 weeks I didn't yet feel pregnant - it wasn't until around 6/7 weeks when the nausea and fatigue set in. So at 5 weeks, I would have been fine (although with my friends I would have struggled to explain the not drinking!)

Have fun! It may be the last trip like that you are able to take for a while!

LisaSimpsonsbff Tue 13-Mar-18 08:28:27

If you mean that you'll find being in busy/crowded places annoying (and maybe a bit boring without a drink) then fair enough - if you don't fancy it don't go. If you're worried it'll be actually harmful, though, then you don't need to worry at all - at 5 weeks the tiny embryo is tucked very deep inside you, and nothing short of actual trauma is going to interfere with it. I get a very crowded tube and started getting bothered by jostling/the odd elbow to the stomach at around 18 weeks, when I started to get a bump - but even then, I know rationally that it won't do any harm, I just don't like it.

Getting serious symptoms at 5 weeks is uncommon but not vanishingly rare - if you don't feel sick now, odds are pretty good that you'll still be feeling just fine this weekend.

SerendipitySmiles Tue 13-Mar-18 22:26:19

Thanks, everyone! I've decided I'm going to go. I don't feel too unwell and I'll make sure I take a good book so I can stay in happily if I choose! Explaining the no drinking will be tricky! Thanks again smile

Brownbear84 Wed 14-Mar-18 10:08:46

Go and have a good time,I couldn't do it as I'm the party girl out my my friends and they would of known straight away if I wasn't drinking xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: