Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Womb hiccups

(35 Posts)
Ekphrasis Mon 12-Mar-18 22:28:58

Literally several times a day. I'm 31 weeks.

At least I think that's what it is. Do you think I should mention it to mw? Feels esp frequent today.

elQuintoConyo Mon 12-Mar-18 22:35:52

Good lord - i completely forgot i had them! DS had LOADS of hiccups, all perfectly normal. Freaked DH out once when he had his hand on my stomach.

I kinda miss them now.

FrozenMargarita17 Mon 12-Mar-18 22:41:07

My baby had these several times a day, every day! And she still does now!

DrWhy Mon 12-Mar-18 22:50:21

Mine hiccuped loads, was still doing it until about 6 months old, unbelievably cute! It also meant I knew approximately where he was lying (what was head/body and what was legs)? Which was handy.

mumsbuns Mon 12-Mar-18 22:53:15

Mine too... I'd forgotten all about that, nice memory.... 11yrs old now and still a major hiccuper

strawberrysparkle Mon 12-Mar-18 22:54:29

I get what I think are baby Hick ups but I'm not sure!!

it feels like a funny pulse in my tummy? Is this right?

lizzlebizzle33 Mon 12-Mar-18 23:00:16

I loved feeling baby hiccup, he used to do it almost every time I ate. Really miss it. It's funny how hard it can be being pregnant and sometimes you just want it over with already but I miss it so much.

Shaunieh95 Mon 12-Mar-18 23:04:16

I get these constantly several times a day. Midwife said it's totally normal smile x

Shaunieh95 Mon 12-Mar-18 23:04:57

And yes funny pulse feeling exactly how I'd describe! smile

MadAssHatter Mon 12-Mar-18 23:06:25

I loved my baby hiccups and I miss them. He used to always hiccup when I was trying to go to sleep.

They feel like steady movements. Different from normal kicks and movement because they tend to be evenly paced

MarklahMarklah Mon 12-Mar-18 23:06:45

Yes, DD used to frequently have hiccups in the womb. Now she's a strapping 7 year old she has hiccups outside the womb! Not every day, but exactly the same pattern as she used to, which made my innards jiggle. smile

Screaminginsideme Mon 12-Mar-18 23:07:07

Always just as I was about to fall asleep. Dc is 12 now and lives to here how they were born with hiccups! Literally the first sound she made!

VaguelyAware Mon 12-Mar-18 23:08:21

Yep. Daily from at least the start of 3rd trimester. Annoying but cute.

YerAuntFanny Mon 12-Mar-18 23:10:07

I had this a lot with DC2 and the midwife said it was nothing to worry about.

DC1 found it hysterical as my belly would make jerky movements and sometimes it would click (that freaked me right out but again, normal apparently!), He used to try and scare her into stopping grin

She's 5 now and still gets the hiccup's quite often!

DaisyLand Mon 12-Mar-18 23:18:49

Mine had 4 times yesterday and I hated it. I hate hiccups. When I’ve got them myself they do really wind me up so I feel sorry for my baby and get annoyed. Normally standing up and walking a bit seems to stop them

Finola1step Mon 12-Mar-18 23:21:10

Ah, that takes me back. DS was a major hiccupper. Now ages 10, he delights in farting instead grin

Flisspaps Mon 12-Mar-18 23:21:59

DD was very hiccupy in the womb.

She now gets hiccups pretty much every time she laughs, and if we don't stop her laughing she's sick.

She's 8 in 40 minutes grin

Ekphrasis Tue 13-Mar-18 04:41:22

On thanks, he was doing it before I went to sleep, he's having s huge session now I've just waddled to the loo. Seems to be every eve, every morning (early and later) and lots in the day. I just wondered about the cord thing I'd seen somewhere. I think I remember ds doing it 3 times in the womb!

harrietm87 Tue 13-Mar-18 09:18:34

Mine hiccups LOADS - I hate it - find it really uncomfortable and sometimes they wake me up at night!

NoParticularPattern Tue 13-Mar-18 09:21:57

Yeah DD did this a lot when she was still inside haha!! Feels kind of like a muscle twitching rather than like the regular kicks and movements. She still gets hiccups regularly now at 4 weeks old!

Givemestrengthorwine Wed 14-Mar-18 07:46:43

It can on a rare occasion indicate there is a knot in the cord. This can, again rare, but it can cause problems for baby. I would advise seeing your midwife or gp and asking for a scan to rule this out.
My first was a major hiccuper and only after her birth was i told of the possible implications. My second not such a hiccuper but had a knot in her cord!
Its always worth asking to get checked. Xx

RudyRunsRings Wed 14-Mar-18 08:22:24

Oh i'd forgotten about the hiccups! We used to balance all kids of stuff on my tummy and watch it all jiggle off grin
He had them constantly till about a year old.

user1499786242 Wed 14-Mar-18 09:06:37

Baby hiccups were one oft favourite things during pregnancy
He did it loads
I will never forget the day after he was born and he had hiccups and I started sobbing because the reality that he was in my tummy and now was an actual baby was overwhelming!

This pregnancy I haven't felt any hiccups yet, 28 weeks with anterior placenta so that might be why! I really hope I do!!

user1499786242 Wed 14-Mar-18 09:07:39

Just read the post about hiccups meaning issues with the cord

My son was born with the cord twice round his neck, he hiccuped ALOT

no idea there could be a link! Interesting

Samsing Wed 14-Mar-18 09:49:45

There's some literature about hiccups and cord issues. I can't find them at the moment but remember reading about it a few years ago

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: