Talk

Advanced search

To think boyfriend should stop vaping around me...

(6 Posts)
EvadneBadne Mon 12-Mar-18 21:59:19

That's it basically. I'm 5 weeks pregnant. Boyfriend thinks the use of e-cigarettes is harmless, I think not enough research has been done. Asked him numerous times not to do it around me but he seems not to care. He will sit and fill the room with e-cigarette smoke whilst I sit there worrying about baby and having to sit on my own upstairs. AIBU to wish he would just stop doing it around me?

Sorry to post in two different topics. Posted in AIBU then realised I may get more advice here.

Bluebirdsky Mon 12-Mar-18 22:08:45

Personally I would agree with you and wouldn't like it if it was me.

bumble908 Mon 12-Mar-18 22:14:13

I agree, I didn't want to risk it, as you say there's so little research yet,
when I was pregnant my FILs new partner started vaping next to us on the sofa and DH quite firmly asked her not to around me.
Thankfully she has taken note and now the LO is here still goes outside when she's at ours

surreygirl1987 Tue 13-Mar-18 22:33:10

Not worth the risk

Vap0 Wed 14-Mar-18 07:39:45

I hate smoking
Vaping bothers me less, however I don’t think I’d like someone doing it around me frequently
He should respect you enough to do it outside if you’re not happy because yes, you’re right, there is not enough evidence to prove it’s safe.
YANBU

Elektringa Wed 14-Mar-18 08:05:30

Hi,

My partner is quite a smoker and I absolutely hate it, however he never ever smokes inside, only outside. As I am pg now he stopped cigarettes and is using only vaping but again only outside. One liquid was strong and I could feel the smell afterwards therefore he changed. Unfortunately it's a struggle to quit however I would not let him smoke inside. I think in this case you have to stand your ground, take him to your midwife appointment and also there are loads of videos on youtube you can show him.
Babies can be born small weight ir premature as well as have increased SIDS risk due to him smoking inside.
Vaping also includes nicotine therefore it is still dangerous.
Wish you good luck and patience as unfortunately it's one of the habits for smokers that are so hard to change

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: