Advanced search

Pregnant Bride

(8 Posts)
pablo4 Mon 12-Mar-18 16:08:12

My wedding is booked for late August and I have recently found out I am pregnant - 7 weeks, so would be 30 weeks at the wedding.

We were booked in for IVF in September so to conceive naturally is great, but do I want to be that pregnant on my wedding day?!

My instinct is to postpone til next May but I can see both sides of the equation... I think if it was even a month earlier, I'd be more inclined to go ahead but 30 weeks seems very pregnant to me.

Glitterandunicorns Mon 12-Mar-18 16:14:15

Hi OP, congratulations!
I was basically housebound from about 20 weeks due to severe PGP, but I'm aware not everyone experiences this to the extent I did.

Despite that, I would say postpone your wedding. At 30 weeks, you're likely to be absolutely knackered, so may be unlikely to enjoy your day as much.

Whichever way you decide to go, I hope you have an amazing wedding and a healthy pregnancy. thanks

Littlelambpeep Mon 12-Mar-18 16:21:35

Many congratulations op.. could you get married soon and then postpone a party .. just have a small family ceremony now.

Absolutely delighted for you

ClareB83 Mon 12-Mar-18 16:29:08

We found out we were pregnant a week after getting engaged. We had been planning a March date but I would have been 7 months pregnant so brought it forward to January when I was 22 weeks.

I'm so glad we did because at 22 weeks (with twins) I was over the first trimester tiredness but not yet in the third trimester aches/pains/feeling massive. We had a brilliant day and I danced all night!

It's only 6 weeks later and I couldn't manage all that dancing now. My bump just wouldn't do all that jiggling! I was at a festival this weekend and I sat a lot more than normal and a lot of the 'dancing' was just bobbing while rubbing my bump.

I know I'm having twins so a bit bigger than you'll be but I'm still measuring at the edge of normal for a single pregnancy, so it's not unrealistic to think you'll also feel too massive at 30 weeks to enjoy a really active wedding day.

But it depends what you're planning. If it's just a ceremony and a meal you'll probably be Ok, but if you'll be in your feet all day mingling and dancing like I was then I'd suggest bringing it forward or postponing.

EdithWeston Mon 12-Mar-18 16:36:16

Carry on with the plan to marry - it'll be far too daunting to replan it all once you have a baby, so you really would be looking at indefinite and possibly lengthy postponement (if you ever get round to doing it). So if you change the time, bring it forward.

Or stick to date and prune it back a bit if you are worried about being tired.

Or prune it right back to just the wedding itself and a small reception with your key closest people only, and have a big party at some other time.

YouCantBeSirius Mon 12-Mar-18 16:42:22

I'm getting married at the end of May when I'll be 30 weeks pregnant. I'm having a small wedding, just 18 guests to the registry office then lunch afterwards so doesn't seem too daunting.

Didntcomeheretofuckspiders Tue 13-Mar-18 20:08:50

We’re getting married in June, I’ll be 29 weeks pregnant. We were originally planning to get married in September but as I’m due right at the end of August we had to move it. We decided that we were best off getting married before the baby came as we probably wouldn’t get around to it if we waited until after! We’re having a fairly relaxed church and village hall type wedding. I don’t know how I’d feel if it was a big fancy, formal ‘do’.

WineAndTiramisu Tue 13-Mar-18 20:11:42

I'd have been fine at 30 weeks, but it depends on how your pregnancy goes really

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now