Advanced search

What are the best products for you and your baby? From travel systems to sterilisers, you can find out all you need to know from our Mumsnet Best reviews

Find out more

Being completely different

(5 Posts)
tlnejntr Sat 10-Mar-18 08:28:37

Hi, my partner and I are having our first child together. We have both got children from previous relationships and did decide we wanted more than just this one I'm pregnant with too. However, I know being pregnant makes you hormonal etc and not exactly yourself all of the time. But he is saying I'm completely different, we're arguing at least once a week, over silly things that escalate massively and he's saying everything about me has changed, for the worse. He thinks I'm moody, miserable, and many other things but I don't think I'm that bad, yes sometimes I can be a bit moody but nothing too bad. And now he's saying he certainly isn't going through this again and that I'm a nightmare when pregnant especially with me being fun, happy, smiley and great company before pregnancy. We're probably on the verge of a break up now and that's not what I want. I just don't see how I've changed that much and I'm beginning to feel down about it now 🙁

aetw Sat 10-Mar-18 08:35:13

Does he not understand that your are currently growing new human beings? Could you try calmly explaining to him how what he said made you feel and ask him how you could best talk about the way he feels your behaviours have changed. How far along are you?
I’m sorry you feel so low about it, I understand why. It sounds hard if your partners not understanding. Xx

tlnejntr Sat 10-Mar-18 22:20:23

He doesn't seem to understand that I think. He just thinks and must have thought I'd be fun and up for everything all the time and do everything I used to. We used to have a lot of fun going out together for food and drinks etc but considering I'm pregnant we cannot have the drinks no more so we don't really go out that much. I'm 23 weeks and this has just started within the last few weeks. It feels like I'm doing all the work and going through all this alone when it was something we both planned to be a happy time. I'm tired a lot, achy and feel worn out, and he doesn't understand that that's the reason for my mood changes, which aren't all of the time! X

gryffen Sat 10-Mar-18 23:01:49

God I know that feeling.

Hubby can be a moody wee shite and I'm trying to relax and not stress at 18 weeks and he doesn't talk to me etc.
I know men can't have babies physically but the 5 minutes of fun is 9 months of stress for us.

Time to talk with him and if he does become irrational or childish then smack him with two heavy pans in the nuts.

tlnejntr Tue 13-Mar-18 19:22:13

Things have been better since speaking about it the other morning. Let's just see how this goes. Fingers crossed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now