Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Still worrying even after early scan

(7 Posts)
lookingforaline18 Sat 24-Feb-18 16:37:53

I had a scan last week at 9 weeks which showed the baby with a heartbeat and where it should be etc.. At the time I was ecstatic.
I'm 10 weeks now and still worrying that something is going to go wrong before I have my 12 week scan in March, like the baby's heart stopping and I have a missed miscarriage. sad
Does anyone know how likely is it to have a miscarriage after seeing a heartbeat at 9 weeks?

LauraO1905 Sat 24-Feb-18 16:43:01

Each day that goes by the risk of miscarriage drops. Try not to worry (I know it's hard)

Pp3000 Sat 24-Feb-18 16:51:49

I was the same. I had bleeding at 8 weeks. Went for a scan and they found a heartbeat with the bleeding being unrelated. I now have a beautiful baby. Once you see a heartbeat the chance of miscarriage is very very low so you stand a really good chance of everything being fine!

gryffen Sat 24-Feb-18 17:15:40

Yeah I know that feeling.

Had 12 weeks scan and now half way through the 8 week wait for 20 week scan and it's constant worry over aches etc.

This is my second baby but I'm 50kg lighter this time round so I'm feeling aches and pains this time round I didn't.

The worry never goes away but as people have said risks reduce over time.

charlottexox Sat 24-Feb-18 17:27:04

I had an early scan today & got to see and hear the HB via ultrasound & although all looks good, I feel the same way and my 12w scan isn't until end of March sad

Pointlessfacts Sat 24-Feb-18 17:30:09

I had bleeding when I was 5 weeks, I went to hospital but all was fine.

I then was hit in the stomach with a pallet, again, all fine.

I then got pneumonia, my baby stopped moving. All fine!

My DS was born in "poor condition" (words of the docs), went to nicu.

He's now a 10 month old perfect baby boy!

I know it's impossible but try not to worry too much.

ThorsMistress Sat 24-Feb-18 21:29:32

I had an early scan due to bleeding where I was told I was 6+3 and I saw a little heart fluttering away 😍

I have my 12 week scan (I’ll be 13+1) On March 20th and I’m also really panicked about missed miscarriage.

This is my second and I was no where near as worried first time round!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: