Advanced search

Tried and tested cheapie tests

(11 Posts)
SqidgeBum Sun 18-Feb-18 18:00:14

My AF arrived today, I am into cycle 8, so I am looking at buying some more pregnancy tests for next cycle. I bought the One Step tests last month, but looking at some threads it seems lately they dont seem very reliable despite being advertised as 10miu. Does anyone recommend any cheapie tests (Asda, poundland etc) that worked well for you, especially if you tested before AF was due?

CuppaSarah Sun 18-Feb-18 18:56:26

I don't about good ones, but avoid Accutest from poundstretchers. Very inconsistent, convinced me I'd had a lost.

Tefiti2 Sun 18-Feb-18 19:00:37

I think all pink dyes are good! First Response, Boots own brand, not sure if any supermarket brands are pink dye- maybe Sainsbury’s are?

CL1982 Sun 18-Feb-18 19:50:23

Yes they are a bit crap. I found them quite touch and go. Poundland tests were fab. Not amazing for very early testing but they are great for a few days before your period is due. Actually B&M are pretty good too!

RosieCotton Sun 18-Feb-18 20:14:42

I used wilkos this time round and found out 3 days before AF was due

gryffen Sun 18-Feb-18 20:27:49

The pregnancy tests out of B&M are really good and pink dye- never had one wrong yet out both pregnancies.

surreygirl1987 Sun 18-Feb-18 22:06:11

Those tiny blue ones on eBay and Amazon are great and work out at about 30p each! I bought a pack of 25 I think! I got my bfp on one of those at 10dpo (then double checked with a frer which are better but so much more expensive!)

startingtheengine Sun 18-Feb-18 22:11:48

I've used Tesco and Sainsbury's ones and they've both been accurate. Not tested until the day AF was due though, so don't know about early testing.

PinkAvocado Sun 18-Feb-18 22:12:47

I used the cheap Waitrose essentials ones.

SqidgeBum Mon 19-Feb-18 17:36:03

Thanks everyone! I might go with the Poundland ones this month. They seem to get good reviews. I will maybe pick up a few Wilkos ones too. I just cant spend the money on CB or FR (although I have one stashed away for when the cheap ones finally give a faint positive). I am a bit of a POAS addict and a paranoid symptom spotter. I have no patience.

squiglyline Mon 19-Feb-18 19:35:52

I got my BFP with one stop at 9dpo. The line was very faint but tested a few days later and the line was stronger. Now at 6.5 weeks and I did another one and the line showed up before the dye had even reached the control line. I think they are great. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now