Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Help....Worried...Thought I was 8w5d at our first scan but was 6w2d

(61 Posts)
Elizabeth2018 Fri 16-Feb-18 16:02:07

Help....Worried...Thought I was 8w5d (going from lmp) at our first scan but was 6w2d with no heart beat measuring

Elizabeth2018 Fri 16-Feb-18 16:04:27

Whoops...... measuring 4.2mm. We have booked in for another scan in 10 days time. Has anyone else this happen? Does it look positive or negative? Any advice would be great. Thank you.
Lizzie wink

twobambinos Fri 16-Feb-18 17:03:06

Maybe you ovulated late? How long are your cycles usually? Fingers crossed for the next scan

Elizabeth2018 Fri 16-Feb-18 17:23:36

Usually 29 days, I’ve been tracking my cycles all of last year and I used clear blue ovulating tests and had a solid smiley on the 30th Dec (I felt a twinge for ovulation pain)

twobambinos Sat 17-Feb-18 11:43:36

Sorry Elizabeth I don't know. I was just hoping maybe you ovulated late. How many weeks ago did you get your bfp? Everything could still be fine those dates aren't an exact science and by your next scan baby might be closer to your own dates flowers

Kocerhan3 Sat 17-Feb-18 11:54:14

Omg this is us. I'm off work with stress because of it! I calculated I was about 7 or 8 weeks from lmp (wasn't tracking so approx) but my scan showed less than 6 with no heartbeat - a shock because I haven't had a period since January so should be at least 6. I've had blood tests yesterday but need to wait till Monday to get results and the uncertainty is killing me!! I read through a post from 2 years ago people were going through the same and actually they just ovulated late or miscalculated and went on to be fine. Biology is so unpredictable. Here to share the anxiety (and chocolate if you have any thanks) xx

NuclearPenguin Sat 17-Feb-18 12:02:09

This happened to me. I have a long cycle and wasn't tracking ovulation. However on basis of LMP should have been about 8 weeks when we went for private scan. No heartbeat only yolk sac so measuring 6 weeks at best. Went for another scan a week or so later and saw tiny heartbeat. Currently sat here 36 weeks pregnant. At my dating scan I moved on a week so I think its possible that some just develop a little slower. I hope you both get some good news. The wait is torture xx

Elizabeth2018 Sat 17-Feb-18 18:53:38

Thank you for your messages they have made me feel abit better today. I just need to get through this week and find out either way next weekend. Fingers crossed 🤞 x

Hotpinkangel19 Sat 17-Feb-18 19:52:01

This happened to me, only I thought 8 weeks but was 5 weeks. It was a horrible 10 day wait for another scan. She's currently 4 weeks old and asleep next to me. Good luck x

Kocerhan3 Sat 17-Feb-18 22:36:50

These stories give me so much hope x

Bobbiepin Sat 17-Feb-18 22:43:31

Can you see a heartbeat that early? I had first scan which I thought was 13 weeks turned out to be 8 and had a heartbeat but think about it, the heart doesn't develop that early. Dates are so easy to get wrong if your cycle isn't exactly 28 days. Mine was so far off because I was having approx. 35 day cycles. Good luck!

ellesbellesxxx Sun 18-Feb-18 08:14:34

@Bobbiepin you can usually see the heartbeat at about 6/7 weeks but not always. We saw our twins' at 6w 5

ellesbellesxxx Sun 18-Feb-18 08:16:03

Keeping fingers x Elizabeth for you. flowers

Elizabeth2018 Sun 18-Feb-18 09:54:36

Thank you for the reassurance, I really hope it’s good news. Going by the weeks since conception the dates are perfect.... New Year’s Day - to scan was 6w2d but it’s the lmp dates that are confusing and don’t add up!!

Kocerhan3- I’m thinking of you, when is your next scan?

Thanks again everyone xx

Kocerhan3 Sun 18-Feb-18 10:44:22

@Elizabeth2018 you too. Our next early scan will be Saturday 24th. Feels a lifetime away. Also should get my blood results back tomorrow or Tuesday to give more of an idea as to what's going on... the not knowing is harder because I don't want to get my hopes up to be heartbroken again, but also need to stay hopeful to stop myself going mad over these days! sad

Elizabeth2018 Sun 18-Feb-18 10:55:08

Our is at the weekend too. Fingers crossed. The wait is horrible.

When do you think that you conceived?

I have now missed two periods (jan and Feb) and get blood results back this week too.

Kocerhan3 Sun 18-Feb-18 11:20:11

@Elizabeth2018 I believe (again can't say for certain) my last period started on 19th December, meaning ovulation would've been around first week of January as I have a short cycle generally. It's just so hard to say if I'm right though so definitely holding out that I'm not. As my fiancé said - one of the few times id accept not being right wink

How about you? Any news? Scans? Tests? Or is it just a waiting game there too?

Kocerhan3 Mon 19-Feb-18 10:38:28

@Elizabeth2018 thinking of you today, hoping we both get good news xx

Strawberry2017 Mon 19-Feb-18 12:23:45

It can be too early to see a heartbeat at this stage, try not to worry, look after yourself and fingers crossed for positive results at the next scan. X

Alicejj8x Mon 19-Feb-18 17:19:34

Hello everyone I have just found this thread and wondered if anyone could help

So I found out I was preg on the 8th feb I have Pcos so my periods are so irregular anyway

I think we'll I'm like certain I ovulated on the 26th Jan due to the CM that I had that day

Anyway my clear blue said 2-3 last week and then when I did on the 8th feb it said 1-2 weeks so it's gone up..

Anyway I had an early scan today as I'm with the fertility clinic they like to do early scans and they said they couldn't see a gestational sac but apparently everything is in the correct place. She said she thinks I'm like super early and all we could see was a blob but she said to me that was in the correct place but couldn't say for sure if it was pregnancy st this stage due to no sac being found. But the lining is thick also. I have done god knows how many tests to which have got darker since my first set of preg tests I did! I have another scan booked in for the 28th feb as they wanted to see if there is any change

Has anyone got any advice for me coz atm I've googled so so much which have told me to not worry coz it's super early atm! It just want some more advice plz smile xxx

Elizabeth2018 Mon 19-Feb-18 17:36:57

Kocerhan3 I have been thinking about you today. This will be the longest week ever!! One day down. I actually felt better at work to take my mind off it and stopped me from googling!!!

Alice- that would put you a month behind me....so me at 4.2mm I don’t think your yolk sac will have had chance to grow yet....The yolk sac first appears during the fifth week of pregnancy.

It’s a crazy waiting game in the first trimester x

Alicejj8x Mon 19-Feb-18 18:14:08

Oh wow would it congrats smile

Okay so should I not be worrying just yet then lol? Xx

Elizabeth2018 Mon 19-Feb-18 19:08:19

Not yet, hopefully during your next scan they will be able to see more. Don’t worry if they don’t as it’s only 9 days away.

I’ve found the early scan has made it worse and would defo not go so early next time!!

Kocerhan3 Mon 19-Feb-18 19:43:19

@Elizabeth2018 made me smile to hear you're at work and doing better emotionally - proud of that. My bloods came back with high levels of HCG suggesting I'm 7ish weeks - have a hospital scan tomorrow to ensure everything physically matches that so it's a glimmer of hope but we're not out of the woods. I agree with you - I'd have rather not gone for my early scan as this early everything is so unpredictable and hard to monitor it really just causes more stress.

@Alicejj8x that last sentence is mostly aimed at you too. I know how exciting and relieving that positive test can be, but stay hopeful and be patient - what will be will be and honestly you're so early scans aren't the best thing to be thinking about, focus on yourself, your diet and your well being - that's what I've taken from the past week of horrendous stress and emotions. Well wishes xx

Elizabeth2018 Mon 19-Feb-18 20:21:04

Yeah I’m not sure how!!! I have had really bad aniexty for most of the day and a heart beat of 122bmp and hasn’t gone under 100bmp all day!! Fitbit!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: