Talk

Advanced search

Average weight gain?

(10 Posts)
3kidspluszoo Wed 14-Feb-18 21:23:08

I'm 36 weeks and got weighed... im shocked I'm nearly 15 stone as I didn't think I'd put on much? I have huge boobs (36H), clothes size 14, not much bump til last month & 5'7 height. I wasn't skinny before getting pregnant- probably pushing 12 stone but I'm still in normal clothes, no maternity clothes & only new bras / leggings bought.

Is this normal???

3kidspluszoo Wed 14-Feb-18 21:25:40

Or am I in denial that I've gained 3 stone? My face is thinner than it was pre-pregnancy. Had horrific sickness / heartburn so not eaten properly in months. Is 3 stone a lot?? Never weighed myself in pregnancy before. Was weighed as having c-section in a few weeks time

Kidsandfarmers Thu 15-Feb-18 08:42:22

Im almost 35 weeks and have gained about 9 lbs so far, start weight was 7st 12lbs but at 5ft 1in i wasnt underweight at all. Im aware i am well under the average weight gain guidelines but i believe our bodies know what they are doing and we shouldnt worry. You dont know how much is water retention etc so honestly try not to worry and if your mw/docs arent concerned then you neednt be x

Oysterbabe Thu 15-Feb-18 10:01:04

I think that's a bit more than average. I gained 2 stone and it felt like a lot.

FancyNewBeesly Thu 15-Feb-18 10:02:26

I gained 35lb with twins, but I lost 7lb in the first trimester.

Pooshweens Thu 15-Feb-18 10:06:18

I think around 2.5 stone is the healthy amount, so long as you're not overweight to start

I did 1.5 with my first, 2 with my second

Don't worry too much - you'll drop a stone overnight when you give birth wink

3kidspluszoo Thu 15-Feb-18 10:39:20

Hmm wonder how big this baby is. My previous 2 were 9/10lbs. Oh well.. 3 weeks to go and I'll get back to crazy long dog walks and running about like a madwoman... hopefully that'll shift it!

3kidspluszoo Thu 15-Feb-18 10:40:20

My BMI was 24 at my booking in app. That's all I remember about my Pre pregnancy weight ...

scrappysquirrel Thu 15-Feb-18 12:26:49

With dc1 I stopped weighing myself when I hit 34 weeks and I'd already gained 45 pounds at that point. I hadn't been eating junk food at all, my diet was very healthy and balanced. I'd been walking an hour a day and was a size 8/10. My baby was 9 pounds but I had sooooo much fluid it was ridiculous! I sprayed all over the midwife when she popped the last of the waters and they were literally mopping up the floor around the bed. Within 6 months of no exercise and eating loads because of breastfeeding I'd lost it all.

Don't stress, it really is normal and healthy to gain weight, it could even be tons of fluid like me. It will drop off before you know it. Good luck with your little one x

scrappysquirrel Thu 15-Feb-18 12:28:55

I should add 6 months of no intense exercise. I still walked regularly but I wasn't running or cycling regularly at that point.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now