Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

6 weeks pregnant hardly any symptoms

(29 Posts)
Markygirl1995 Wed 14-Feb-18 17:45:10

Hey I was wondering if anyone else due in October isn't having hardly an pregnancy symptoms? All I've got is sore boobs, a little tired and bad constipation tmi but I haven't felt sick haven't found any smells that make me want to throw up or gag. Is this normal? I have a Dating Scan next Tuesday I'm starting to question if I am really pregnant after miscarrying

JennyBLB Wed 14-Feb-18 18:39:34

I felt exactly the same when I was in the early stages. I had hardly any symptoms at all just felt a bit tired but not much else. I had about 5 days worth of morning sickness at 9-10 weeks which then vanished overnight and I convinced myself that it meant something was wrong. All was perfect at my 12 week scan and I’m now 18 weeks and all going well. Try not to worry (although I know that’s easier said than done) I now consider myself one of the lucky ones for barely having any sickness smile just because you’re not feeling much right now doesn’t necessarily mean there’s anything wrong x

Kocerhan3 Wed 14-Feb-18 18:54:22

@Markygirl1995 hi! And congrats! I'm about 8 weeks we think and experiencing the same as you - barely any signs apart from constant hunger and fatigue. I've had no nausea at all etc... I've been advised that we may actually be too early in pregnancy for morning sickness or heightened sense responses. Personally, I'm counting myself lucky right now and trying to keep peace of mind. I can only wish you the same too. Don't fret, and I'm here to chat/vent/eat chocolate with!x

Pittcuecothecookbook Wed 14-Feb-18 18:55:51

I didn't have symptons until later

CycleHire Wed 14-Feb-18 18:56:58

No pregnancy symptoms at that stage or at all really until I started to show. Two healthy children here in the room with me. Congratulations and good luck.

thepatchworkcat Wed 14-Feb-18 18:58:26

6 weeks is still pretty early for symptoms - I think I started feeling sick at about 6 or 7 weeks (and then was extremely nauseous 24/7 until week 17 - so be careful what you wish for grin).

thepatchworkcat Wed 14-Feb-18 18:59:13

Also some lucky people don’t even get any sickness!

Sals27 Wed 14-Feb-18 18:59:20

Hi markygirl I'm 9+4 and still no symptoms. I had a private scan at 8w to check all was ok and there was a heartbeat. The midwives have said to consider myself lucky and I'm inclined to agree with them.

Be thankful you don't feel shit smile

Markygirl1995 Thu 15-Feb-18 07:18:29

Thanks @korcerhan3 and @Sals27 it's just worrying what to expect my last pregnancy I had strong symptoms and this one just isn't the same as previous it's like the strength has weakened in a weird way

MamaL86 Thu 15-Feb-18 07:31:12

Hi OP. I'm earlier than you but also worrying about lack of symptoms. All feels very surreal at this point and just really hoping everything is OK! One of my best friends had no symptoms in first trimester and had a very healthy pregnancy so fingers crossed!

Markygirl1995 Thu 15-Feb-18 08:02:57

Hi @MamaL86 how far gone are you? The only symptoms I have are slight cramps but I'll put that down to growing, tender boobs and darkened nipples with larger bumps and tiredness but any other symptoms I don't actually have and I had heightened smells and felt sick in my last one that I lost very odd. I'm going for an dating scan Tuesday to confirm how far I am as I haven't had a period in between the loss and this new baby

MamaL86 Thu 15-Feb-18 08:21:36

Hi @Markygirl1995. Afraid I only got my bfp two days ago so only just gone 4 weeks. How soon did your symptoms kick in? I'm more tired than usual and boobs slightly sore but that's really about it. Last time I was passing out with tiredness and boobs felt tingly and could see all the veins but not sure exactly when that happened?

FairfaxAikman Thu 15-Feb-18 08:39:24

I had (and still have) barely any symptoms. I'm now 31 weeks.

We're it not for the lack of AF and the kicking I wouldn't even know I was pregnant.

Markygirl1995 Thu 15-Feb-18 08:42:50

My symptoms start a week or two ago at the moment I've got bad cramping almost like period but not as harsh so can I put that down to growing? @MamaL86 @FairfaxAikman

FairfaxAikman Thu 15-Feb-18 08:45:45

@Markygirl1995 every pregnancy is different. In the early days I'd get horrific period like cramps (but worse) after orgasaming though.

BikeRunSki Thu 15-Feb-18 08:47:32

I said similar to the OP at 6 weeks. At 8 weeks I was hospitalised with hyperemisis for a fortnight....

bathandpjs Thu 15-Feb-18 08:48:36

I never had any symptoms at all. Then around week 7/8 the sickness and tiredness hit me!

Some people don't have any symptoms. My cousin never, I guess I was just unlucky!

Try not to worry although I know it's hard thanks

El1995 Thu 15-Feb-18 08:59:29

From what I can remeber (I'm due in April) I didn't have any symptoms at all, so much so that I didn't know I was preggo till 16 weeks in! My symptoms have come and gone, even then it was only sciatica, which I put down to heavy lifting before I found out, and only recently I've been suffering bad heartburn (since 25 weeks ish) other than that, no sickness! Just tiredNess on and off 😴 and the odd bit of ligament pain! It's totally normal, everyone's different xx

MamaL86 Thu 15-Feb-18 09:57:15

@Markygirl1995 I wouldn't worry too much, the cramps are probably just everything readjusting - there's a lot of change going on. I've found all these replies reassuring - trying not to obsess and panic (with limited success!)

Sals27 Thu 15-Feb-18 10:01:10

@Markygirl1986 I've had constant cramps and for the past week or so, sometimes if I stand up suddenly I get quite a sharp pain. The midwife said its growing pains and all normal so I'm trying to think of it as a good thing and not worry. Easier said than done though!

MincemeatTart Thu 15-Feb-18 10:04:04

Pre early testing most women didn’t know they were pregnant until after 8weeks. You wouldn’t expect a lot of symptoms.

Markygirl1995 Thu 15-Feb-18 10:12:40

@Sals27 when I get cramps I urge to go to the loo and check 🙈 so paranoid @MamaL86 I'm finding the replies reassuring too maybe I should calm down 🙈 it's hard when you go from miscarriage to pregnancy again with nothing in between

Markygirl1995 Thu 15-Feb-18 10:13:26

@bathandpjs I haven't had any symptoms apart from like yours tiredness I could fall asleep anywhere anytime

Markygirl1995 Thu 15-Feb-18 10:32:43

@BikeRunSki that's something I hope I don't get I've read about that doesn't sound pleasant at all! Hope youre well now

BikeRunSki Thu 15-Feb-18 12:13:37

Oh yes @Markygirl1995, that baby is 9 and a half years old now!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: