Talk

Advanced search

Is this a line?? Will it turn into bfp?

(21 Posts)
DreamsTonite Wed 14-Feb-18 09:29:10

Tested a couple of days last week with Asda own and got negatives.
Went for a wee at 4am this morning, woke up at 8am and tested with FRER
Thought I saw a very very faint line so put my phone light behind it and saw a line albeit faint.
Took the picture holding it over my lamp so line is more visible. Also inverted colours.

I’m so confused - I’m worried this is nothing. AF was due yesterday and no sign.

PinkAvocado Wed 14-Feb-18 09:32:38

It looks hopeful. However, they’re designed to show a positive without doing anything to them so I would just look in normal light. Could you try a digital? I found seeing words was the only way I’d trust the test!

RowenaDedalus Wed 14-Feb-18 09:32:48

There's definitely a line there and it looks pink! Test again tomorrow for a stronger line smile Congrats !

RowenaDedalus Wed 14-Feb-18 09:33:34

Don't bother with a digital yet as they aren't as sensitive as frer

PinkAvocado Wed 14-Feb-18 09:38:50

A digital should be fine if AF was due yesterday.

RowenaDedalus Wed 14-Feb-18 09:58:36

Oh yes I missed that bit, you're right. I wonder if dates are slightly wrong which might account for the very pale line?

mindutopia Wed 14-Feb-18 10:02:25

What does it look like in normal light? It wouldn't necessarily be weird to see a line that is backlighted like that even on a negative test as obviously there is a test line there whether it's positive or not. How it looks under natural lighting is much more likely to give you an accurate result. I would try again tomorrow though and see what happens with another FRER. Good luck!

DreamsTonite Wed 14-Feb-18 10:05:32

There was a faint line in normal light which is why I tried the light behind it thing as I wasn’t sure I was seeing it right. I took 2 tests last week that were BFN and even with a light behind there was no line at all.
Yep I’m going to give it a couple of days and if AF doesn’t show I’ll do another FRER

DreamsTonite Wed 14-Feb-18 18:06:39

Took another test and BFN sad
Tried not to get my hopes up this morning but it’s hard not to!
Just got to play the waiting game for AF now then we can try again.
I have a drs appointment tomorrow to discuss some old scan results pointing towards PCOS (docs failed to inform me of this I found out snooping through my own notes when I was in hospital for a tooth out!) so hopefully will be referred for another scan and see if there is a problem

gryffen Wed 14-Feb-18 18:32:55

Taking multiple tests during the day lowers the chance of getting a true result- first pee of day is strongest concentration and if you test every 2 days until BFP or AF then it's all good.

I have PCOS and it took 10 years of trying and we had NO help in fertility etc.

You will drive yourself bonkers testing more than once so save cash and just pee in morning and test every 2 days as hormones double.

PinkAvocado Wed 14-Feb-18 19:01:00

Gryffen is right. There is nothing to be achieved in multiple testing in 24 hours or inverting colours or doing anything except looking at then normally. Though saying that, I really do understand that it is difficult.

As you have a doctor’s appointment tomorrow, I’d bring it up with them too.

Shaunieh95 Wed 14-Feb-18 19:32:00

I took frer mine was exactly like this at first! Next day took another and was much darker, went out same day and bought clear blue digital and was 1-2 ☺️☺️ congrats!

Shaunieh95 Wed 14-Feb-18 19:33:46

Ps, took other cheaper branded test after frer which was negative, before I went and did another frer smile

Shaunieh95 Wed 14-Feb-18 19:36:25

This was my first first response test and tested negative on boots own after this one smile

sonypony Wed 14-Feb-18 19:56:42

I can see a clear line on that last photo. If that was in the 10 minutes then i'm sure that's a positive.

DreamsTonite Wed 14-Feb-18 21:03:53

Thank you all

I know it’s not helping testing twice in a day but I can’t stop myself. I have one FRER so if AF doesnt show in the next few days I will test one last time with that.

Just trying to leave it alone now I know I’m only stressing myself out more by doing it. At least this is a supporting site and there are other people out there commenting and making threads etc otherwise I’d probably drive myself nuts!

GummyGoddess Wed 14-Feb-18 21:13:34

I do actually see a faint line in the ring picture but I can't tell if it's evap or not. My first positive tests were so faint I could only see them when held in the light at a certain angle.

DreamsTonite Fri 16-Feb-18 21:48:27

I’ve done a couple more cheap dip tests that were negative. Still no sign of AF. Wondering if stress etc has affected my cycle and that’s why but at least when AF does eventually show we can try again

Shaunieh95 Tue 20-Feb-18 22:54:57

Looks very similar to mine! I used same test (attached).

I am now 33 weeks smile!!!

Xx

Shaunieh95 Tue 20-Feb-18 22:56:13

Apologies I've just realised I've already commented higher up!! So sorry. Baby brain 😩😩😩

sonypony Wed 21-Feb-18 09:43:34

I was looking at Shaunieh95's photo when I said I could see a clear line. blush Fingers crossed for you dreams

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now