Talk

Advanced search

Finally my first scan tomorrow

(14 Posts)
pumpkinbump Tue 13-Feb-18 22:25:10

I'm feeling absolutely terrified about it. I haven't felt much if any movement the last couple of days either which is making things worse. I've been terrified since the scan was booked that there is going to be something wrong. Is it normal to worry this much about it?

StylishDuck Tue 13-Feb-18 22:26:55

Is it your 12 week scan? I wouldn't expect you to feel any movement at all this early on. Try not to stress about it. Easier said than done I know thanks

PinkAvocado Tue 13-Feb-18 22:28:08

How many weeks are you?

I’m anxious the whole way through pregnancy.

pumpkinbump Tue 13-Feb-18 22:30:25

No, sorry I should have said. I found out at 16 weeks ish so currently 19 weeks if my dates are correct. Took just under 4 weeks to get a scan booked in.

StylishDuck Tue 13-Feb-18 22:34:49

Even so I would expect to feel regular movement until well past 20 weeks. Especially if it's your first pregnancy?

With my first I felt regular movement around 24 weeks and with my second it was around 22 weeks I think.

PinkAvocado Tue 13-Feb-18 22:36:06

Is it your first? In my first pregnancy I didn’t feel movements until well after 20 weeks. At 19 weeks, the baby is still so small that you can go days feeling nothing especially if you’ve an anterior placenta or the baby is kicking backwards. I totally understand the worry. It doesn’t go for me.

pumpkinbump Tue 13-Feb-18 22:37:15

Thanks. It is my first. It did seem to be quite regular but nothing these last few days. I'm hoping it's just being lazy or hiding.

AnnaT45 Tue 13-Feb-18 22:38:59

Totally normal to worry about it. Just try to remember you've more chance everything is ok than not, by a lot!

I didn't feel any movement till around 23 weeks with my first.

pastabest Tue 13-Feb-18 22:39:08

I'm on my second pregnancy and still didn't really feel movements until about 20 weeks.

Depending on where the placenta is some people hardly feel anything for ages.

That's terrible that they haven't arranged a scan sooner than this though I would have thought you should have had one straight away purely just to date the pregnancy properly.

pumpkinbump Tue 13-Feb-18 22:41:51

Thank you all. I really thought they would have arranged one sooner too. Found out on 17th January and I'm only just having one tomorrow. Even joined the cancellation list but no luck at all.

pumpkinbump Tue 13-Feb-18 22:43:17

I'm wondering now whether this will be my only scan throughout the pregnancy or if I'll get another one considering the timing. If not, I feel a bit cheated lol

PinkAvocado Tue 13-Feb-18 23:25:27

If your dates are correct, it’s likely to be your only nhs one but if you’re out by a few weeks then you may be called back.

This pregnancy, I felt moments much earlier but they came and went a lot until about 22 weeks.

Good luck!

pumpkinbump Tue 13-Feb-18 23:30:41

Thank you. Pretty sure they are correct. Last period was first week of October. It says on the letter dating scan so not sure if they will check what they need to at this one?

PinkAvocado Tue 13-Feb-18 23:53:53

Maybe you’ll get a second anomaly scan quite quickly then. I’m not sure of the window it has to be done in but hopefully they’ll tell you everything tomorrow. Hope it goes well.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: