Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Kingston - Chelsea&Westminster or St George's?

(6 Posts)
emmyself Tue 13-Feb-18 21:07:03

Hi all
I would love your views on which hospital I should choose from the 3 please?
Kingston, Chelsea and Westminster or St George's?

I can go to either so would love your thoughts on which one is best according to what you heard or your experiences.

Thank you smile smile

Justanotherzombie Tue 13-Feb-18 21:12:32

Not St. George's. I think Kingston has the best rep of those three. CW is whee I had mine and it's got mixed reviews.

Lulu2515 Tue 13-Feb-18 21:24:21

I went to c&w midwife unit with dc1. Absolutely loved it. Would highly recommend.

At Kingston this time and like it less (partly coz I get so fucked off with the parking) but to be fair the care has been very good at the hospital (less so in community clinic).

Rodent01 Tue 13-Feb-18 21:34:20

I would say choose whichever you are closest to. You'll get good and bad experiences from all, but you can't beat being close for the trip there and any subsequent trips back and forward for you and OH. If you go in and get sent home as you aren't ready, it's a lot of driving and stress if you haven't chosen the closest place.

That said I've had 2 babies at St George's, both amazing with student midwives present who are v conscientious and attentive. (They had their mentors there too)

First in normal medical unit, second 4 years later (last year) in MW led bit, arrived 7am, baby born 9.45am, left at 1.30pm. Boom.

JudgeTinder Tue 13-Feb-18 22:17:45

I'm under Kingston and, parking aside, I've been very happy with the level of care. I'm 39 weeks now and every appointment has been exactly when it should be and the few times I've needed to go in and be checked over they have been fab!

Obviously I cannot comment on the birth/after care but in my antenatal group we've had a few births now and all went well and parents were very happy.

Good luck, whatever you choose smile

CampariSpritz Thu 15-Feb-18 14:23:12

I had a lovely experience at Kingston with DD so asked to go there again this time. Very good care & got a free room to ourselves. One friend had a bad experience at C&W but that could happen anywhere. No knoweldge of St. G. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: