Talk

Advanced search

subchorionic hematoma

(5 Posts)
kathrynalicem Tue 13-Feb-18 20:42:20

I am currently 12+3
At 11+3 I had a bleed and had a scan and it showed a small bleed next to the sack
At 11+4 I had a large bleed (sudden gush if a lot of blood) and had another scan and the bleed got bigger.
I was then put on bed rest for the week which I had another big bleed and consistent little daily bleeds throughout.
Today I had another scan and the bleed is even bigger. I have to go and see a consultant in the morning.
I'm just looking for advice, I am currently petrified as the sonographer said it's just a case of waiting and hoping everything's ok.
I just want some advice or some stoiries if your experiences with large subchorionic hematoma

I don't know what to do with myself and feel a bit lost and alone. I want to protect my baby but there's nothing I can do. My husband left me for someone else when I was 7.5 weeks, my aunt died last week and I move house this weekend so I'm having a really tough time but trying my best to stay calm.
Thanks

ClareB83 Tue 13-Feb-18 20:49:30

Hi OP, I had a big bleed at 9 weeks and another at 11 weeks. Was diagnosed as a SCH and considered very large - I think it was 13 x 4 x 4, but in any event it was about half the size of the babies in their sacs.

I wasn't put on bedrest but told not to exert myself too much. I had more little bleeds but no big ones and by 16 weeks it was all gone.

Currently 24 weeks, both babies are fine and no sign of bleed.

It was horrible and stressful at the time.

TamsinInBed Wed 14-Feb-18 01:47:55

Hi OP,
I had a massive bleed in both my pregnancies at around 10 weeks. They were both massive gushes that lasted at least 45mins so I was losing a lot of blood and scary lumps of some kind of tissue. I was petrified both times but it turned out the baby was fine both times. In my case when I had the scans afterwards they couldn’t see a hematoma so it appears it all came out a once. They couldn’t explain it but said it wasn’t uncommon. So it may well be that everything will be fine for you too- just one of those weird horrible
pregnancy things that scares the shit out of us! Good luck and try not to read the internet and try to keep your brain busy until you get your apppintment x

lookingforaline18 Wed 14-Feb-18 10:17:16

Hi OP,
I'm currently 8 weeks and was diagnosed with one of these last week at a private scan.
I've not had any bleeding but I'm shit scared that I will. The midwife said it may just reabsorb. I've got another scan booked for when I'm 10 weeks and the wait is killing me.

Hope everything is ok for you flowers

thewalrus Sat 17-Feb-18 22:35:18

Hello.
I had one of these in my first pregnancy at about 11 weeks. A couple of small bleeds and then a huge sudden dramatic awful one. I can't remember the exact details now but the haematoma was bigger than the baby. I was put on bed rest for a week or so and the bleeding stopped completely after a few weeks. DD is now 11. I really hope everything is OK for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now