Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Discomfort and lack of sleep 25w

(11 Posts)
KateRobin84 Tue 13-Feb-18 20:41:47

25w rant... Anyone else feel like their lungs are being squished?! I feel such an incredibly uncomfortable pressure at the top of my bump, into my ribcage. Also for the last 2 weeks or so I've been going on about 4hrs sleep a night, i can fall asleep but wake at 2/3am then cant get comfortable, with belly and sore hips sad Working full time too so am losing concentration there from lack of sleep. Any suggestions? Anyone else struggling? I know it will be worth it in the end bit I'm miserable at the moment and it seems like there's such a long way to go and I imagine the discomfort will only get worse sad

Ninjamilo Wed 14-Feb-18 10:21:43

I feel your pain - literally! And it's so much worse later in the day, I have to go and lie down 😢

I was awake from 1.30-5.30 this morning, happens most nights now and I try to go to bed earlier to get 5 hours or so in before I wake up!

FirstMumToBe Wed 14-Feb-18 10:24:26

34 weeks gone and still doesn't get any better !!! I'm struggling with work alot, can't concentrate if my life depended on it, 3 more weeks after this one though, the count down is on glitterball

ClaireBear1986 Wed 14-Feb-18 10:27:08

No advice here I am afraid, but again I can sympathise.

31 weeks tomorrow and finding it so uncomfortable now.
I also have no problems falling asleep, but also wake up about 2am needing the toilet and I am then unable to get back to sleep.
Throw in a full time job, and a 3 hour round trip commute on the tubes every day, and I am ready to drop.

As you say it will all be worth it, and that is what I am focusing on smile

Countingsheeeep Wed 14-Feb-18 10:32:04

No advice but more sympathy. 33+3 here with a 12 month old to add on top.

Desperately would love to fall asleep at 8pm however bump likes to practice some pretty elaborate gymnastics for a couple of hours until 10pm which are so strong they actually hurt.

SPD, back ache, raging heart burn, I'm awake at least every hour!

Trust me ladies, people will tell you that you should enjoy it because once baby is here you won't sleep at all....not true, whilst you will probably sleep less, finally having control of your own body is bliss! Roll on the next few weeks!

El1995 Wed 14-Feb-18 20:56:52

32 weeks here 🙋‍♀️ sadly my nights of peaceful undisturbed sleep went down the pan weeks ago! Doesn't help I've got a stinking cold sad. If it's not the raging heartburn keeping me awake, I just wake up randomly 2-3 times a night and toss and turn :S ready to drop, just 3 more weeks till maternity (hallelujah 🙌)

KateRobin84 Wed 14-Feb-18 21:51:31

Thank you ladies, it makes such a difference hearing that you are going through the same thing flowers

Hairgician Wed 14-Feb-18 22:20:10

Ha! You are def not alone! I'm sat on sofa completely wiped after a near 3 hour round trip to airport to drop dp off for flight. Tailbone killing me, going upstairs leaving me out of breath and can't sleep at night cos up to wee loads and sore hips. Another 12wks to go😭

mumbanator Wed 14-Feb-18 22:34:34

Aaah I’m so glad it’s not just me! 27 weeks here and missing undisturbed sleep.

Lukeandlorelai4Ever Wed 14-Feb-18 22:50:34

Sane here sad 33 weeks and fall asleep fine and then wake up a few hours later not able to get back to sleep . Constantly wrecked

MrsNjie Sun 18-Feb-18 19:16:39

38 weeks and suffering for the past 10 weeks with upper thigh/lower back pain plus frequent need to pee!
I'm thinking for sure I'll sleep better once baby is here!!
No advice apart from a pregnancy pillow helps slightly at your stage of pregnancy... I feel your pain! I took maternity leave at 32 weeks as I couldn't cope any more! 9 months off work, less time with baby but worth it to get some rest.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: