Talk

Advanced search

Very faint positive two days ago but now neg and still no period? When do most people get BFP?

(11 Posts)
Messyhouse5 Tue 13-Feb-18 16:49:28

Hello I posted an image of pregnancy test I did Sunday evening, the line was so faint but just about visible. Its now two day since my period was due and usually bang on. I feel like I am about to start my period, lots of cramping but I also feel pregnant, funny taste in my mouth, pain twinges on my lower left side and my back aches plus a raised temp 37.1 normally 36.5.
I just bought a First Response half an hour ago and was too impatient to wait until tomorrow so itdid but it was negative, not sure I wee'd on it long enough! Argh so confusing, usually i have a show days leading up to my period which increases into a normal flow. But other than some brown blood tinged discharge the other day there is nothing.

I read on here other people did not get positive until 3 days past their period was due so I will test again tomorrow if my period does not arrive.

I am just wondering how common it is to not get a positive result until a few days later? I am sure with my other pregnancies it was from when I was due.

Thank you

Messyhouse5 Tue 13-Feb-18 16:51:32

should say pain on my lower right side not left

Messyhouse5 Tue 13-Feb-18 21:49:13

bump

coffeeforone Tue 13-Feb-18 22:21:41

I think it’s best to test with FMU. I was getting negative tests later in the day for a few days when I was late. I’d test again first thing in the morning if AF doesn’t arrive. Fingers crossed for you.

Messyhouse5 Tue 13-Feb-18 22:37:10

I usually only get a few little twinges before my period normally but been cramping lots all day and keep expecting to see blood... no sign of it. I am wondering I am mentally delaying it now so need to chill out. If still no AF in the morning I will test with my first wee and see what happens.That will be day three as was due on Sun.

Mamamamamamaplease Wed 14-Feb-18 08:09:29

I'm in this exact situation. Currently on cycle day 40 of a 35 day cycle and feel pregnant with symptoms the same as previous pregnancies - metallic mouth, bloated, constipated, exhausted - but negative tests. Am assuming some kind of hormonal glitch at this point!

Alyosha Wed 14-Feb-18 08:23:27

Best of luck. If it makes you feel better I didn't get a single positive test until 19dpo...and I had started my "period", but it was very light and didn't have fresh blood.

ShowOfHands Wed 14-Feb-18 08:53:08

Don't wee on the test. Wee in a pot and dip.

Messyhouse5 Wed 14-Feb-18 11:06:48

Ah I was so damn sure I was. Felt it, funny taste, brown nipples, lower back aches, cramps when I don't normally get them, late, temp 37.6 when normally 36.5... etc etc. I was planning how I could tell him last night and was thinking what a great Valentines pressie.... sad

Got up early and wee'd on a first response test with first wee of the day 3 days after period was due and a BFN! Then I wipe myself and there is the blood. What a waste of a test!!!

The blood is very watery, pinky red and slimy.... sorry for details. But usually starts with brown show building up to a deep/bright red for me. So everything is different about this period. God knows whats going on but I feel like a right idiot and here I was thinking I know my body!

Clearly not.

We were not trying anyway and partner would have been shocked but he has made a few comments about another but said we shouldnt due to money etc...

I am 40 this year too and kind of feel sad as think that was probably my last chance of a surprise happening as know our families would be shocked if we had a 4th child.

I can't help thinking how excited I felt and how sad I feel now. I didn't realise I had those feelings.

Alyosha Wed 14-Feb-18 11:14:37

So sorry to hear that. I hope you're feeling OK x

I know plenty of women, including my GM (second baby at the age of 44...in the 50s!), who had healthy pregnancies & babies after age 40, so you're certainly not out of hope yet!

Best of luck for the future.

Messyhouse5 Wed 14-Feb-18 11:20:21

Thank you Alyosha, its more because our kids are older at secondary and third in primary. Wish I did it sooner so they are closer in age.
x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now