Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Very faint positive two days ago but now neg and still no period? When do most people get BFP?

(11 Posts)
Messyhouse5 Tue 13-Feb-18 16:49:28

Hello I posted an image of pregnancy test I did Sunday evening, the line was so faint but just about visible. Its now two day since my period was due and usually bang on. I feel like I am about to start my period, lots of cramping but I also feel pregnant, funny taste in my mouth, pain twinges on my lower left side and my back aches plus a raised temp 37.1 normally 36.5.
I just bought a First Response half an hour ago and was too impatient to wait until tomorrow so itdid but it was negative, not sure I wee'd on it long enough! Argh so confusing, usually i have a show days leading up to my period which increases into a normal flow. But other than some brown blood tinged discharge the other day there is nothing.

I read on here other people did not get positive until 3 days past their period was due so I will test again tomorrow if my period does not arrive.

I am just wondering how common it is to not get a positive result until a few days later? I am sure with my other pregnancies it was from when I was due.

Thank you

Messyhouse5 Tue 13-Feb-18 16:51:32

should say pain on my lower right side not left

Messyhouse5 Tue 13-Feb-18 21:49:13

bump

coffeeforone Tue 13-Feb-18 22:21:41

I think it’s best to test with FMU. I was getting negative tests later in the day for a few days when I was late. I’d test again first thing in the morning if AF doesn’t arrive. Fingers crossed for you.

Messyhouse5 Tue 13-Feb-18 22:37:10

I usually only get a few little twinges before my period normally but been cramping lots all day and keep expecting to see blood... no sign of it. I am wondering I am mentally delaying it now so need to chill out. If still no AF in the morning I will test with my first wee and see what happens.That will be day three as was due on Sun.

Mamamamamamaplease Wed 14-Feb-18 08:09:29

I'm in this exact situation. Currently on cycle day 40 of a 35 day cycle and feel pregnant with symptoms the same as previous pregnancies - metallic mouth, bloated, constipated, exhausted - but negative tests. Am assuming some kind of hormonal glitch at this point!

Alyosha Wed 14-Feb-18 08:23:27

Best of luck. If it makes you feel better I didn't get a single positive test until 19dpo...and I had started my "period", but it was very light and didn't have fresh blood.

ShowOfHands Wed 14-Feb-18 08:53:08

Don't wee on the test. Wee in a pot and dip.

Messyhouse5 Wed 14-Feb-18 11:06:48

Ah I was so damn sure I was. Felt it, funny taste, brown nipples, lower back aches, cramps when I don't normally get them, late, temp 37.6 when normally 36.5... etc etc. I was planning how I could tell him last night and was thinking what a great Valentines pressie.... sad

Got up early and wee'd on a first response test with first wee of the day 3 days after period was due and a BFN! Then I wipe myself and there is the blood. What a waste of a test!!!

The blood is very watery, pinky red and slimy.... sorry for details. But usually starts with brown show building up to a deep/bright red for me. So everything is different about this period. God knows whats going on but I feel like a right idiot and here I was thinking I know my body!

Clearly not.

We were not trying anyway and partner would have been shocked but he has made a few comments about another but said we shouldnt due to money etc...

I am 40 this year too and kind of feel sad as think that was probably my last chance of a surprise happening as know our families would be shocked if we had a 4th child.

I can't help thinking how excited I felt and how sad I feel now. I didn't realise I had those feelings.

Alyosha Wed 14-Feb-18 11:14:37

So sorry to hear that. I hope you're feeling OK x

I know plenty of women, including my GM (second baby at the age of 44...in the 50s!), who had healthy pregnancies & babies after age 40, so you're certainly not out of hope yet!

Best of luck for the future.

Messyhouse5 Wed 14-Feb-18 11:20:21

Thank you Alyosha, its more because our kids are older at secondary and third in primary. Wish I did it sooner so they are closer in age.
x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: