Talk

Advanced search

First pregnancy- feeling low

(7 Posts)
Spanglyprincess1 Tue 13-Feb-18 16:45:19

I'm 19weeks gone with my first and feeling a bit low. Everyone keeps saying I should be glowing but I'm exhausted and just look fat. I'm big ish anyway at six foot tall and a size 16/18. I don't think I look pregnant just chunky at the momment. Initially I had constant morning sickness which has eased now. However, it's now being replaced by constant hunger instead. Im trying to limit what I'm eating as I'm gaining weight very quickly which I think isn't good for baby bump.
Is it normal to feel like this? Is there anything I can do to feel more energetic or posative?

lizzlebizzle33 Tue 13-Feb-18 17:09:00

Totally normal sweet, just try to keep healthier snacks in the house so when you go want to eat (I wanted to eat 24/7)
Low fat hummus, bread sticks and rice cakes instead of crisps, carrot sticks etc.
I'm not saying don't have any cake, just in moderation 😄

Are you taking any vitamins?

Spanglyprincess1 Tue 13-Feb-18 17:16:56

Yes I'm on iron tablets and pregnancy multivitamins.
I don't eat sweet stuff really I just want all the bread!

Makingworkwork Tue 13-Feb-18 17:18:21

Feeling low or could it be something more. Speak to your midwife. Prenatal depression is more common than post natal depression.

lizzlebizzle33 Tue 13-Feb-18 17:50:15

Ah the bread, fellow bread lover here, it is my downfall. I ended up just not buying it! It was the only way to stop having a stack of toast every time I was hungry 😩

Spanglyprincess1 Wed 14-Feb-18 06:27:16

I cant avoid the bread unfortunately as the three stepkids need pack lunch. Although I can try hiding it! But I will try to get more healthy easy stuff in house and talk to my midwife.

Hopefully it will pass soon.

Scoobysue10 Wed 14-Feb-18 06:33:31

I was quite low with my first pregnancy.
I did not seek help. I didn't get that blooming feeling at all. Felt low the whole way through. It did unfortunately turn into post natal dexpression and then depression.
I really did suffer and still did not seek help.
I was young and scared. That was 16yrs ago.
I still suffer on and off with my mental health.
But I have excepted it it and I talk about it and I seek help when needed.
Please do speak to your midwife. They can and will help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now