Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant again..baby is 5 months...what to do about work?!

(1 Post)
Heatherbaby Tue 13-Feb-18 16:29:00

Hi guys

I have a dilemma. I had a baby in August 2017. I left my job shortly before hand as i had started somewhere new and they didn't take kindly to my pregnancy announcement (long story!).

My DD is now almost 6 months and I have been considering my career options. I have found a small firm that looks like they want to take me on and have a second interview tomorrow to confirm.

However a few days ago I found out I am 6 weeks pregnant. It came as an absolute shock. For those that may enjoy the detail, my DH and I only managed to do the deed once last month due to illnesses and busyness and the one time we did DH used the withdrawal method. Obviously a rubbish contraception method but I really thought the chances were next to none.

I am very shell shocked and panicking about having 2 under 2 and only 14 months apart! Asides from being totally scared how I'll deal with two babies I am at a loss what to do about work.

My plan so far is to do the second interview , get the job offer and then tell them before either party is contractually bound. I am hoping I can offer to work for say 6 months then go off on mat leave for 6 to 9 months then come back at 100% commitment.

I was on maternity allowance so if i have another baby immediately I am not sure I will receive any financial help so this is really worrying. I want to be honest with the new firm before I start due to my experience last year, I want a good prospect of returning after my second maternity.

However the new firm may tell me it won't suit them to work like this.

I would stay off work until after baby no 2 but the type of work I Do, it will be become more and more unemployable the longer that I'm not practicing.

Any thoughts, opinions, suggestions or advice would be really welcome right now!

Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now