Talk

Advanced search

When can i enjoy this pregnancy and when isit in the ‘safe’ stage

(4 Posts)
Tanyelx Tue 13-Feb-18 16:11:57

I had a miscarriage in September. Started bleeding at 12 weeks. Miscarried at 14 weeks. Doctors had no idea what caused it.

I’m now 13 weeks pregnant and everything seems to be going perfectly.
All my hcg levels in this pregnancy are higher than they were at the same stage in my last pregnancy that ended up in miscarriage.
I’m constantly worried that something might happen.
When can I tell myself I’m in the ‘safer stage’ of pregnancy and stop worrying so much.
I just want to enjoy this pregnancy and announce it.

Heatherbaby Tue 13-Feb-18 16:47:03

Sorry to hear about your miscarriage and wishing you nothing but goodness for this little one.

Usually people announce after the dating scan because the first trimester is the most fragile. After this stage the chances of mc decrease quite sharply and continue to do so the further along you get.

That is of little reassurance to you from your previous experience. I would say wait until you are comfortable and maybe you could tell close friends and family.

Just from my personal experience, for some reason I consider my pregnancy safe after my 20w scan and the baby actually looked like a baby, she was so active and the sonograoher could tell us alot about her growth and wellbeing.

Best wishes xxx

Heatherbaby Tue 13-Feb-18 16:48:15

Ps. My baby is now almost months and you never stop worrying! X

Heatherbaby Tue 13-Feb-18 16:48:33

* 6 months

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now