Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Baby won’t come unless ready.

(10 Posts)
hewie Tue 13-Feb-18 10:52:54

Everything I have read is a load of rubbish!!!! 39+4 and have totally had enough!
I’ve tried: 4 sweeps (consultant worried about size) nipple stimulation, lots and lots of sex (good fun-doesn’t do anything!), raspberry leaf tea, pineapple, long walks, short walks, acupressure, clary sage essential oil, rocking back and forth and side to side, hot curry’s, baths, yoga, relaxation, exercise, meditation. Literally the only things missed out are the ones deemed “dangerous” ie black cosh!! It’s all a load of Mumbo jumbo designed to get your hopes up and the only thing all of these methods are good for is taking your mind off the waiting.
Fact is: Baby will not come unless ready! Suck it up and wait. Boring!!!

Written by: one very impatient, uncomfortable and bored mamma to be.

BrownTurkey Tue 13-Feb-18 11:09:42

Yeah, we just resorted to planning loads of things to do - meals out, theatre, cinema, and tried to forget we were waiting. Good luck with it.

Brownbear84 Tue 13-Feb-18 11:29:23

Raspberry leaf tea should be started about 32 weeks to get into your system,really helps speed up with the second part of labour and makes the cervix softer to help prevent tears etc xx

CremeDeSudo Tue 13-Feb-18 12:15:08

I remember something about Evening Primrose Oil capsules up your foof to soften your cervix. Have you tried this? Google it first to check though!

Have you finished work and cleaned your house top to bottom so you're 'ready'?

I was doing all the above, finished work on the Friday of 37+5, cleaned the house the following week, finishing Friday @ 38+5, waters went at 39 and he was born at 39+1.

I swear my having everything ready and telling myself he could come had something to do with it!

hewie Tue 13-Feb-18 13:18:05

I’ve cleaned my house top to bottom more times than ever before in a space of two weeks!! Everything is ready, I’ve turned into a machocist!! Every pain I have makes me excited and then turns to nothing! I’ve had contractions for a week some regular some not, some painful, some not!! Lol, the waiting is killing me!! I havnt tried evening primrose oil!!! And shopping tonight when other half home so will definitely give it a go! U never know it might just push me over the edge into actual labour! Can’t hurt to try!! Xx

cherryontopp Tue 13-Feb-18 13:57:59

Yup, I hear you sister.

Im 40+4 and I've stopped with all the bouncing balls, sex etc. I was getting more and more frustrated.

Now im relaxed and know the baby will be out on my induction date smile

Hulaballoo Tue 13-Feb-18 19:25:45

Yep been there... For both of mine the thing that started labour I think... Was relaxation...1 St DD I was chilling on the sofa, resting and snoozing for about 2 days before it kick started. 2nd DD I decided to go and relax and do something for myself... So I went to the cinema, got home, went to bed and it all started.... I was just unfocused on it all... Easier said of course. Hope baby comes soon xx

Bobbiepin Tue 13-Feb-18 19:29:13

DH asked me to go into labour because he couldn't be arsed to go to work the next day. Waters broke 4 hours later, baby born 19 hours after that.

notuptoyou Tue 13-Feb-18 19:33:17

Epo done nothing for me except keep me up at night as it was a greasy mess.

Totally right, baby comes/body sends signal (whatever happens) when ready.

I was 4 days late with first, 14 days - induced no.2 and induced early with no.3 due to health, he prob would have been late too. I tried everything!

I know it's so annoying hearing "rest" "relax" etc, but sometimes I wish it was 19 weeks ago and I was enjoying day naps, long showers &baths.

hewie Wed 14-Feb-18 11:32:14

Thanks everyone, got some EPO and will see if it does anything, chilling on the sofa today see if relaxation helps!!!! Shame daytime tv is so pants!! Xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: