Talk

Advanced search

Dull ache,referred to epau

(12 Posts)
Brownbear84 Tue 13-Feb-18 10:20:25

Had a dull ache in my left side since yesterday,not sure if it's trapped wind or something but anyway I've been to the walk in centre,they've referrered me to epau tomorrow morning,doctor said I had a trace of protein in my urine,is that serious? Worried sick. I'm 8+1 xx

Backenette Tue 13-Feb-18 10:24:47

Protein is usually indicative of an infection. It’s not really possible to say what’s up but it could be a number of things - a cyst, a urine infection etc. EPAU will likely dip your urine again and maybe culture it, they may do a scan to check the foetus is located within the womb, and to check your ovaries. Good luck, don’t panic, I had similar and it was an orange sized cyst on one ovary. It resolved itself by 12 w
If at any point you develop severe one sided pain, or a high temp that’s a trip to emergency

Astrid2 Tue 13-Feb-18 10:27:32

I had this early on in my pregnancy too. Went for a scan and all was ok, just stretching pains and wind!

Protein in your urine isn't really something to worry about on its own at this stage. I often have some if my Urine is very concentrated. You can also get protein if your sample is contaminated with vaginal discharge which is easy done. I wouldn't worry about that at all.

All the best for your scan tomorrow. They will just want to rule out ectopic pregnancy.

Brownbear84 Tue 13-Feb-18 10:28:24

Thankyou that's made me feel better. Had two previous pregnancies with no complications but just wasn't happy with the pain,it wasn't or isn't severe pain xx

Brownbear84 Tue 13-Feb-18 10:33:37

@astrid2 how far was you when you had a scan? Wondering if they'll see anything at 8+2 xx

Astrid2 Tue 13-Feb-18 10:36:31

I thought I was 6+2 but they found on the scan I was only 5+3. We didn't see anything so ended up going back in a week and saw the heart beat and a tiny little splodge!

At 8 weeks you should see a tiny baby shape with a good heart beat!

Isittimeforbed Tue 13-Feb-18 10:37:17

At 8 weeks they should definitely see a tiny baby and a heartbeat. If they don't it could just be your dates are out but hopefully it should all be looking good.

Brownbear84 Tue 13-Feb-18 11:02:10

Lovely thankyou girls,hopefully we can see something! Will let you know how it goes xx

Brownbear84 Wed 14-Feb-18 12:44:25

So went to epau had an internal scan as my womb is tilted slightly,saw a baby on the screen,heart beating away and measuring 8 plus 5 days so couple of days ahead!! So all is fine xx

Astrid2 Thu 15-Feb-18 09:14:05

Brilliant news, congratulations!! All the best x

AnnaLuna Thu 15-Feb-18 11:36:34

Brownbear84, glad everything is ok 👍

AnnaLuna Thu 15-Feb-18 11:37:48

I am 12 weeks, have dull pain in my tummy and backache, midwife didn’t seem very concerned

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now