Talk

Advanced search

Vaping early pregnancy

(9 Posts)
Markygirl1995 Tue 13-Feb-18 08:24:27

Subject line says it all, everyone's opinions on vaping whilst pregnant?

kimlo Tue 13-Feb-18 08:26:35

I vape. If I was pregnant I would probably stop.

littlemissalwaystired Tue 13-Feb-18 08:28:13

There's no scientific research into the effects because it's unethical to use pregnant women, so because of this, I personally wouldn't want to vape in pregnancy. However, current train of thought is that until any negative effects are revealed further down the line, it's deemed better than smoking.

PotteringAlong Tue 13-Feb-18 08:30:18

Why would you risk it?

dkb15164 Tue 13-Feb-18 14:20:57

Currently 31 weeks, managed to give up smoking and switch to vaping and then weaned off that by 16 weeks. No angel though, I will borrow my partner's vape if I am having a extremely stressful day (maybe once a fortnight) and have it on half the strength he has it in on usually. He respects my decision. All the perfect mumsnetters who are like "why would you risk it?" clearly have never tried giving up smoking. Doctor says it's better of two evils - e.g if you had the choice of a bottle of wine or a glass of wine; neither is good for you while pregnant but one is better. I cut down from 2 packs a day and haven't had a drop of alcohol since finding out (very difficult being a student where whole social life revolves around drinking).

WonderLime Tue 13-Feb-18 14:23:30

Without knowing the risks, it’s impossible to decide if it’s worth it - based on that, absolutely no (especially in the early months).

squiglyline Tue 13-Feb-18 14:29:14

The doctor on this morning was talking about it last week and said that vaping is being recommended by Doctors and midwifes for pregnant woman who would usually smoke.
I stopped smoking cigarettes and used an e-cig to help. I am 5w5d and am now down to 0mg nicotine in my e-cig. Planing on getting rid of it in the next few days when the liquid has run out. Then I’m not temped.

FrauNeuer Tue 13-Feb-18 14:33:26

Just wanted to add my two cents. I’m a former 20 per day smoker and switched to vaping (with the occasional cigarette on a night out) when we were first ttc years ago. I was quite a hardline smoker and fully intend to go back to it someday!

We’ve recently just undergone a cycle of ivf and I’m 7 weeks pregnant. Whilst awaiting treatment, I managed to reduce my vaping to 3mg liquids, then ultimately to 0mg. I’ve quit completely now, so maybe this could be worth a try? That said, I honestly can’t see low-dose vaping doing a great deal of harm although you won’t find anything scientific to support that.

What strength are you using? Would it be possible to reduce it to be a little safer?

Markygirl1995 Tue 13-Feb-18 15:00:33

Currently on 6mg not gonna lie after everyone telling me no it scared me a bit and not touched it since this morning I'm petrified because I've miscarried before and don't want to risk anything but if it's not going to do a great deal of harm I might have the odd puff it's not like it's like it stuck to my lips lol I don't even know how far gone I am I'm going to the EPU next Tuesday for a scan

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now