Talk

Advanced search

Please can you tell me if you see a line?

(16 Posts)
Messyhouse5 Mon 12-Feb-18 23:27:53

Hi
I am not sure if I am going mad but when I move this around I see a line.... very, very faint but sure I see it. Can it be positive with such a faint line? I was due yesterday and tested this evening so surely of positive should be stronger?

MrKaplansGlasses Mon 12-Feb-18 23:28:54

I see it. However I've read blue dye tests aren't as trustworthy as pink dye so maybe get some different ones in the morning?

notuptoyou Mon 12-Feb-18 23:28:56

I am sure I can see a line 😀

wump Mon 12-Feb-18 23:30:34

I see it.

FrozenMargarita17 Mon 12-Feb-18 23:30:50

I see it!

Messyhouse5 Mon 12-Feb-18 23:31:13

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TinWhistleTunes Mon 12-Feb-18 23:32:00

Congratulations ☺

Messyhouse5 Mon 12-Feb-18 23:39:01

MrKaplansGlasses - Do they give false positives?

Thing is I really feel like I'm going to come on my period, every time i wee I expect to see blood. I had the smallest tinge of blood and brown discharge couple of days ago and nothing since.

Messyhouse5 Mon 12-Feb-18 23:43:04

I just did a search and see on there are lots of threads on sainsburys tests giving false positives.... so this maybe one of them then as so faint. I am glad some of you also think they can see it as thought I was making myself see things. I will test again in the morning. Don't want to say anything to my partner until I know for sure as he will be shocked!

Pandapoppy Tue 13-Feb-18 03:03:28

I took the Sainsbury tests first this time, got excited then read about all the false positives and started to doubt it. I got some first response tests from Asda and the were much clearer positives. I would definitely try a different kind of test just to be sure but I would worry about how dark the line is as urine varies in concentration especially if you take the test in the evening.

chocolatespiders Tue 13-Feb-18 03:12:06

I can see a line

Messyhouse5 Tue 13-Feb-18 07:54:07

Good morning, I just did another with my first wee and the line was even weaker... in fact I doubt myself even more if its actually there. No period still though. I didn't wee on it but caught some wee and held stick in it for 20 secs so not sure if that effects the result. I really expected to see a darker line this morning. I was hoping to tell my partner today. Now I need to think how I will buy another test. Yesterday when I bought this I had my oldest with me and had to do a sneaky trick hiding it under a bag of chips then flicking it in the bag when she wasn't looking ;) What tests do you recommend? Really don't want to waste £10 on an expensive one.

isthismummy Tue 13-Feb-18 08:33:20

First response op. They are the best.

Messyhouse5 Tue 13-Feb-18 08:48:43

Thank you, need to get to a supermarket without my children as they are older and eyes like hawks ;) I live in a village so the village chemist is not an option unless I want it displayed on the village noticeboard!

TheSarahChronicles Tue 13-Feb-18 08:59:16

@Messyhouse5 I was 100% convinced that I was coming on my period too as I had all the usual cramps, 3 days after my missed period I finally got a positive pregnancy test! x

Messyhouse5 Tue 13-Feb-18 09:07:45

Thank, am feeling crampy too. Guess time will tell - off to work now and hopefully find somewhere to buy a test. This would be a very big surprise baby and no 4! So if positive I need to think how I will share this with my partner. All our children are at school and he thinks baby days are in the past!!!! But he loves babies. I think it would be mixed emotions for him... but at the end of the day it takes two to tango!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: