Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

13 weeks-bleeding-miscarriage???

(13 Posts)
caffeineandcalpol Mon 12-Feb-18 19:48:51

Help please
I've had the flu for a few days and been in bed, up and about for the first time today with rests between. I stood up from the dining table half an hour ago and blood just ran down my legs (had pjs on) I've been sat in a towel since , I don't have cramping just niggles. It's not gushing out just comes and goes in mini bursts.
I start a new bloody job tomorrow!!!!
Does it sound like I'm having a miscarriage??

Hulaballoo Mon 12-Feb-18 19:51:39

This must be terrifying ...I would call epu and go and get checked. Bleeding isn't always a MC but I would get checked over. Hope it's all ok xxx

Glitterandunicorns Mon 12-Feb-18 19:51:47

Hi OP, I'm really sorry, but it sounds to me like it's possible.
In saying that, when I had a miscarriage, the cramps started before the bleeding and the pain was horrific.

It's definitely worth getting to your EPU or contacting your midwife though if possible.

I really hope things work out for you, OP.

ClareB83 Mon 12-Feb-18 19:51:50

You might be but not be necessarily. I had big bleeds at 9 and 11 week with no pain. It was a subchorionic bleed and the babies were fine. You will need to go to your EPU for a scan though to find out.

Sorry OP and sorry for the shit timing with the job too.

PenguinChristmas Mon 12-Feb-18 20:08:08

I had a big bleed at 14 weeks. Happened suddenly at work I was checked out and baby was fine. I was see again at the EPU next day who said it was likely caused by a low lying placenta covering my cervix. It’s scary when it happens but try not to think the worst. Try get to the EPU as soon as you can so they can check you over and tell you what’s caused it xx

caffeineandcalpol Mon 12-Feb-18 20:09:28

I had a miscarriage in October I was sat at my desk and just felt like I constantly needed to wee but every time I went there was just blood and I was cramping, I sat like that for two hours hmm till I finally had the bollox to ask my boss to go home (he was an arsehole, which is why the new job) and it all came away at home , cos I don't have much pain now I don't know what to think. Trying to sit it out as long as possible at home. Just sat in the bath now.

Windowgazer123 Mon 12-Feb-18 20:26:08

I hope you are ok.

caffeineandcalpol Tue 13-Feb-18 06:52:20

Thank you to those who messaged. I'm still bleeding, of all the days sad

PinkAvocado Tue 13-Feb-18 06:55:09

Have you been able to contact your doctor to get EPAU referral? flowers

Catinthebath Tue 13-Feb-18 06:57:04

OP I had what I’d describe as significant blood loss at 13 weeks. I’d lost part of the placenta (if placenta is your hand, I’d lost a fingertip) but my baby was fine. Pregnancy continued as normal but with extra checks for praevia. Good luck

AnElderlyLadyOfMediumHeight Tue 13-Feb-18 07:03:06

That sounds as if it may be from a low-lying placenta. At 17ish weeks with ds2 I woke up with blood running out of me, no pain whatsoever. Turned out I had placenta praevia (which resolved later in the pregnancy).

Please get seen - if it is placenta praevia you need to know.

Hope all is well.

zaalitje Tue 13-Feb-18 07:09:43

OP you want to be careful with baths, when I had my mcs I was told no baths whilst bleeding due to risk of infection as cervix could be open.
However, from the gush of blood you describe it sounds like the subchorionic bleed I had at 8 weeks (mine was bright red and I bled through knickers tights, thick cord skirt in a matter of a couple minutes - had been to loo 5 mins before and no sign of a bleed then). All was well and I'm now 25 weeks. Was convinced it was a mc at the time though.

82Ava Wed 14-Feb-18 17:11:58

Hello,
Honestly it could be anything, it’s so hard to say. I had 2 miscarriages last year, both with no pain and both with consistent spotting throughout each pregnancy. The first one I had a huge gush of blood early on but the baby was fine until many weeks later and the second was some small bleeds.
I’m currently 13+6 and have been spotting brown since 5 weeks with 1 huge bleed at 9 weeks. I’ve had 5 scans so far and all has been fine. I had my dating scan on Monday which went well and then another big bleed Tuesday but they won’t scan me again as they said all should be fine 😕 my point is that every pregnancy and every miscarriage is different. That being said you have to remain positive, I have no idea where all my bleeding has been coming from and it’s all been ok so far. Ring your early pregnancy unit and ask for a scan. I know it might be seen as inappropriate but you could tell them you have also experienced pain as blood loss on its own won’t often get you a scan. Scans have been the only thing that have stopped me going out of my mind every time it’s happened to me. I’m going to pay for a private one when I’m 16 weeks for reassurance after the bleed I had yesterday, it’s definitely worth it for piece of mind x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: